Yealink Forums
Admin password: not allowed to enter letters - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T5X Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Admin password: not allowed to enter letters (/showthread.php?tid=46776)

Admin password: not allowed to enter letters - annie montplaisir - 07-19-2023 09:32 PM

Hi,

I buy a 5 series Yealink phone.

I have an issue about the “admin password” needed to enter in the advance settings. I know the password but it’s with capitals and lower case letters but the phone doesn’t allow me to put letters as a password.

A resetting to reset the phone as manufactory settings are not an option.

How can I resolve that issue?

RE: Admin password: not allowed to enter letters - complex1 - 07-19-2023 11:33 PM

(07-19-2023 09:32 PM)annie montplaisir Wrote:  Hi,

I buy a 5 series Yealink phone.

I have an issue about the “admin password” needed to enter in the advance settings. I know the password but it’s with capitals and lower case letters but the phone doesn’t allow me to put letters as a password.

A resetting to reset the phone as manufactory settings are not an option.

How can I resolve that issue?

Hi,

The phones support ASCII characters 32-126 (0x20-0x7E) in passwords.
Are you 100% sure you know the admin password?
Only a factory reset can restore the original password. All custom settings will be overwritten after reset.

RE: Admin password: not allowed to enter letters - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 07-27-2023 11:12 AM

(07-19-2023 09:32 PM)annie montplaisir Wrote:  I have an issue about the “admin password” needed to enter in the advance settings. I know the password but it’s with capitals and lower case letters but the phone doesn’t allow me to put letters as a password.

"Doesn't allow you" or you simply don't know how to?

On the password screen don't you see anything (any button) on the screen labeled 123 or abc or A2a (that should allow you to switch to a different input type.

How about the Web GUI? Did you try to login there?