Yealink Forums
T46G Multiple EXT Port - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T46G Multiple EXT Port (/showthread.php?tid=46549)

T46G Multiple EXT Port - amandah - 04-03-2023 01:56 PM

We have T46G handsets with extension of an EXP40 to give the Receptionists additional numbers.

They use Jabra wireless headsets and asked for a way to remotely answer calls.
We purchased the YEALINK Wireless headset adapter EHS36.
It works great, but the only problem is it uses the same extension port as the EXP40.
Is anyone aware of a product that we can use that enables the use of 2 extension ports on the T46G handset?
Any other suggestions if not.

RE: T46G Multiple EXT Port - complex1 - 04-03-2023 11:09 PM

(04-03-2023 01:56 PM)amandah Wrote:  We have T46G handsets with extension of an EXP40 to give the Receptionists additional numbers.

It works great, but the only problem is it uses the same extension port as the EXP40.
Is anyone aware of a product that we can use that enables the use of 2 extension ports on the T46G handset?

Hi,

I once read somewhere that with a USB hub you can connect multiple devices to a telephone that only has one USB connection available. I've never tried this myself.
So I cannot guarantee whether it will also work with a T46G model.
You should test it out.

RE: T46G Multiple EXT Port - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 04-04-2023 01:06 AM

(04-03-2023 01:56 PM)amandah Wrote:  We have T46G handsets with extension of an EXP40 to give the Receptionists additional numbers.

The EXP40 has a 2nd RJ12 port (labeled "Ext out") which can be used to daisy chain other devices that use this type of port (daisy chain more EXP40s.)

I believe this port would also work to connect the EHS36 to it.