Yealink Forums
VPN Changes Do Not Get Auto-Provisioned - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Auto Provisioning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: VPN Changes Do Not Get Auto-Provisioned (/showthread.php?tid=46517)

VPN Changes Do Not Get Auto-Provisioned - joe1st - 03-17-2023 02:49 AM

We have about 30 different sites deployed, all using Yealink phones connected via the built-in OpenVPN functionality. All phones were provisioned via auto-provisioning which correctly downloaded all settings, including the VPN files.

The issue is that if we ever make a change to the VPN (new certificate, for example), the phone does not update the VPN. All other settings that we change on the phone are quickly updated via auto-provisioning, but the VPN simply doesn't get updated. It will keep the original configuration unless we factory default the phone and re-provision.

This has been an ongoing issue for years now, over multiple firmware versions.

RE: VPN Changes Do Not Get Auto-Provisioned - complex1 - 03-17-2023 03:53 AM

(03-17-2023 02:49 AM)joe1st Wrote:  We have about 30 different sites deployed, all using Yealink phones connected via the built-in OpenVPN functionality. All phones were provisioned via auto-provisioning which correctly downloaded all settings, including the VPN files.

The issue is that if we ever make a change to the VPN (new certificate, for example), the phone does not update the VPN. All other settings that we change on the phone are quickly updated via auto-provisioning, but the VPN simply doesn't get updated. It will keep the original configuration unless we factory default the phone and re-provision.

This has been an ongoing issue for years now, over multiple firmware versions.

Hi,

What does Yealink support say about this?
I assume you have created a support ticket for this?

RE: VPN Changes Do Not Get Auto-Provisioned - matthewljensen - 06-14-2023 10:58 PM

We have had the same problem. Recently, a number of our vpn certificates expired, and the only way we could get the phones (t48-s and t57-w) to grab the new certificates was to factory reset them. This is very frustrating and time consuming.

I hadn't thought to check with Yealink support, though. So if I don't get a response here, I may try that route.

RE: VPN Changes Do Not Get Auto-Provisioned - cecilberge - 08-08-2023 12:35 AM

(06-14-2023 10:58 PM)matthewljensen Wrote:  We have had the same problem. Recently, a number of our vpn certificates expired, and the only way we could get the phones (t48-s and t57-w) to grab the new certificates was to factory reset them. This is very frustrating and time consuming.

I hadn't thought to check with Yealink support, though. So if I don't get a response here, I may try that route.
badland

I am also facing the same problem but have not contacted the yealink team. What have they told you about this?