Yealink Forums
MP50 - Unable to use pound (#) key during a phone call - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: MP50 - Unable to use pound (#) key during a phone call (/showthread.php?tid=46464)

MP50 - Unable to use pound (#) key during a phone call - Alexandre Cottinet - 02-14-2023 10:28 PM

We have replaced all our phones with MP50s at the office and then we have discovered what we consider a major flaw. When in a call, you can use the keypad to dial numbers (Dial Tone Multi-Frequency or DTMF), except for the pound sign (#).

We discovered this flaw because we often call automatic systems that sometimes ask to press the pound key (e.g. to reach the phone directory, or at the end of a card number).

Of course, we have raised the problem to Yealink support and got the following conclusion:

"Sorry for my late reply. We have analyzed this problem with our local log, here is the conclusion: Teams app and Yealink headset interaction use the standard hid protocol which doens't define the key #, so it is impossible to determine what hid message needs to be received by Teams to be recognized as #. I'm sorry to tell you that this problem temporarily can not be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I will check with Microsoft about this 'missing' key in the protocol (as I find it really strange that MS would create a protocol that handles the first 11 keys, but not the 12th one). In the meantime, I was just wondering if other MP50 users are facing the same issue.