Yealink Forums
W60B factory reset and default login - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W60B(Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: W60B factory reset and default login (/showthread.php?tid=46419)

W60B factory reset and default login - carsey - 01-30-2023 05:48 AM

Hi

We have a W60B base and the W56H handset and unfortunately a phone needed replacing, so ordered a new one.

I went to try and log in to the online portal in order to transfer the phonebook to the handset, however the login credentials were now invalid. I initially set it up when we first got it and the password is/was saved in Chrome. However I still couldnt get in.

I tried a factory reset on the base station, unplug, 15secs, plug in, 3 lights, wait 5minutes, and power cycle, however this still doesnt allow a login through the web browser. It must be doing something as it un-registers the handset from the base and wipes the phone contact list.

I am also unable to do a base reset form the phone, as the option isnt there.

Is this a common issue with not being able to reset back to factory?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

RE: W60B factory reset and default login - complex1 - 01-30-2023 11:08 PM

(01-30-2023 05:48 AM)carsey Wrote:  Hi

We have a W60B base and the W56H handset and unfortunately a phone needed replacing, so ordered a new one.

I went to try and log in to the online portal in order to transfer the phonebook to the handset, however the login credentials were now invalid. I initially set it up when we first got it and the password is/was saved in Chrome. However I still couldnt get in.

I tried a factory reset on the base station, unplug, 15secs, plug in, 3 lights, wait 5minutes, and power cycle, however this still doesnt allow a login through the web browser. It must be doing something as it un-registers the handset from the base and wipes the phone contact list.

I am also unable to do a base reset form the phone, as the option isnt there.

Is this a common issue with not being able to reset back to factory?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

After the base station has been reset to factory settings, can you log in to the base station with the default username/password: admin/admin?

If this is not possible, your telephone provider may have blocked this.

RE: W60B factory reset and default login - carsey - 02-01-2023 02:21 AM

(01-30-2023 11:08 PM)complex1 Wrote:  Hi,

After the base station has been reset to factory settings, can you log in to the base station with the default username/password: admin/admin?

If this is not possible, your telephone provider may have blocked this.

Nope. Unable to.

However I was able to login the first time round to set it up as I created a .csv file with all the phone numbers on.

If I reset it, and never connected it to the network, would I be able to login and make another user apart from the admin account?

RE: W60B factory reset and default login - complex1 - 02-01-2023 02:52 AM

(02-01-2023 02:21 AM)carsey Wrote:  If I reset it, and never connected it to the network, would I be able to login and make another user apart from the admin account?

Hi,

I think it will then be possible to log in and add some settings, but when the base station is reconnected to the internet (and your provider) your provider will reconfigure the base station, and you will lose all the settings you made... including your password.
If this is true, you should ask your provider to remove the W60B MAC-address from its RPS server so that it is not reprovisioned when it connects to the Internet.