Yealink Forums
Soft Key Custom URL - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Soft Key Custom URL (/showthread.php?tid=46395)

Soft Key Custom URL - GiTech-MG - 01-19-2023 08:03 PM

Hello Everybody,

I have a client that is wanting to implement a Call Flagging System whilst on a call. Basically all it has to do during a call, one of the SoftKeys will call a custom url and the server handles the rest.

I don't have a phone available on my desk, and reading through the admin manual I can't see anywhere it mentions it.

Is it possible?? And does Yealink call it something specific??

Cheer

RE: Soft Key Custom URL - shawnbrown - 02-13-2023 06:58 PM

(01-19-2023 08:03 PM)GiTech-MG Wrote:  Hello Everybody,

I have a client that is wanting to implement a Call Flagging System whilst on a call. Basically all it has to do during a call, one of the SoftKeys will call a custom url and the server handles the rest.

I don't have a phone available on my desk, and reading through the admin manual I can't see anywhere it mentions it.

Is it possible?? And does Yealink call it something specific??

Cheer

Contact phone support, it will be better for you

RE: Soft Key Custom URL - eddparker01 - 03-14-2023 08:08 PM

Yes, it is possible to configure custom soft keys on Yealink IP phones to call a custom URL during a call. This feature is typically referred to as a "Custom Soft Key" or "XML Browser," depending on the phone model and firmware version.

To configure this feature on Yealink IP phones, you will need to create an XML script that defines the custom soft key action and upload it to the phone's web interface. Here are the general steps to follow:

1- Create an XML script that defines the custom soft key action. You can use a text editor to create the script and save it with a ".xml" file extension.

2- Upload the XML script to the phone's web interface. You can access the web interface by entering the phone's IP address into a web browser.

3- Configure the soft key to call the custom URL. You can do this by accessing the phone's web interface and navigating to the "DSS Key" or "Programmable Key" settings.

4- Save the changes and test the soft key during a call.

Keep in mind that the specific steps to configure this feature may vary depending on the Yealink phone model and firmware version. I would recommend referring to the phone's user manual or contacting Yealink support for more detailed instructions.