Yealink Forums
How to remotely check time is correctly set ? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: How to remotely check time is correctly set ? (/showthread.php?tid=46384)

How to remotely check time is correctly set ? - oliv - 01-16-2023 08:30 PM

Hello,

Having time correctly set is required if you want, for instance to reboot phone during off-hours but can you be certain time is correctly set on a remote phone ?

I know how to remotely check what the value of a specific setting but how can I check the consequences of complex settings such as time settings without asking the phone user to read what is displayed on phone's screen ?

Best regards

RE: How to remotely check time is correctly set ? - nolto - 01-17-2023 07:15 PM

(01-16-2023 08:30 PM)oliv Wrote:  Hello,

Having time correctly set is required if you want, for instance to reboot phone during off-hours but can you be certain time is correctly set on a remote phone ?

I know how to remotely check what the value of a specific setting but how can I check the consequences of complex settings such as time settings without asking the phone user to read what is displayed on phone's screen ?

Best regards

Why you dont use auto-provision and change to ntp settings to your local time-server?
this way you can be sure all the ip phones has your time server and correct time.

RE: How to remotely check time is correctly set ? - oliv - 05-22-2023 05:45 PM

Sorry for late reply: I overlooked previous answer.

I'm using auto-provision and set ntp with it.
Unfortunately, time may depend on resources you don't manage (DHCP server, ...) and setting it properly can be complicatd.

The issue is now, I'm not 100% sure my settings are correct without asking end user.

In a perfect world, I would for instance SSH into a phone, type "date" command and read current date, time and timezone.
Knowing these values, I would then be confident the value displayed to end-user is correct.

Alternatively, phone webapp would simply add current date time into status page.