Yealink Forums
Programmable softkey when off-hook ("dialing empty")? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Programmable softkey when off-hook ("dialing empty")? (/showthread.php?tid=46266)

Programmable softkey when off-hook ("dialing empty")? - rfmjohn - 11-22-2022 04:08 AM

I know that, years ago, this was not possible. I'm hoping that it is today. Basically, I want to be able to edit the buttons when the user picks up the phone handset (or uses the speaker button) and is about to dial. I believe you call this state "dialing empty." I want them to have access to a Remote Phone Book speeddial list. I have no problem making that a linekey button or a programablekey button for one of the 4 horizontal buttons under the screen when the phone is hung up. I can get to it with:

programablekey.3.type = 22
programablekey.3.label = Speed Dial
programablekey.3.xml_phonebook = 0

But once the user picks up the phone, those buttons change to: Directory, 123, Empty, and Cancel. I can change those somewhat through the GUI, but the choices are limited.

Is there a way to edit these softkey buttons with a configuration file so that I can have that same button continue to be the "XML Group" button that I have there when it is on-hook/idle? I simply want the user to be able to pick up the phone and hit a button to get the XML Group directory list. Again, I can do this with a linekey button easily, but I'd rather it be one of the four buttons under the screen.

Thank you!