Yealink Forums
WH63 - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Accessories (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: WH63 (/showthread.php?tid=46056)

WH63 - barsocchi - 09-06-2022 05:56 PM

Hi

I've heard about the WH63 Wireless Headset

it's a DECT product but what does it mean? Can I connect it on a DECT access point ? Can the headset have its own SIP account? I don't understand how it can work in DECT mode

Thanks

RE: WH63 - markvdheijden - 09-08-2022 04:39 PM

(09-06-2022 05:56 PM)barsocchi Wrote:  Hi

it's a DECT product but what does it mean? Can I connect it on a DECT access point ? Can the headset have its own SIP account? I don't understand how it can work in DECT mode

Thanks

Hi,

See my answers below

it's a DECT product but what does it mean?
=> You have DECT headsets and Bluetooth headsets, DECT headsets has better range as bluetooth but bluetooth can be used on most deskphones and mobile phones

Can I connect it on a DECT access point ?
=> Yes, at the moment Yealink has firmware for the W80/90 multicell where you can register a WH62/63 to the DECT Enviroment (W70 singlecell should be available shortly)

Can the headset have its own SIP account? I don't understand how it can work in DECT mode
=> You can register with a separate SIP account or you can add the headset to an DECT handset and push and pull the call to and from the headset.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

Regards,
Mark

RE: WH63 - barsocchi - 09-09-2022 03:09 AM

Hi Mark
Your answer is very clear and helpful

Thank you !

(09-08-2022 04:39 PM)markvdheijden Wrote:  
(09-06-2022 05:56 PM)barsocchi Wrote:  Hi

Thanks

Hi,

See my answers below

it's a DECT product but what does it mean?
=> You have DECT headsets and Bluetooth headsets, DECT headsets has better range as bluetooth but bluetooth can be used on most deskphones and mobile phones

Can I connect it on a DECT access point ?
=> Yes, at the moment Yealink has firmware for the W80/90 multicell where you can register a WH62/63 to the DECT Enviroment (W70 singlecell should be available shortly)

Can the headset have its own SIP account? I don't understand how it can work in DECT mode
=> You can register with a separate SIP account or you can add the headset to an DECT handset and push and pull the call to and from the headset.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

Regards,
Mark