Yealink Forums
UH38G Headset audio tone changes when microphone is grabbed by some applications - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Accessories (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: UH38G Headset audio tone changes when microphone is grabbed by some applications (/showthread.php?tid=46051)

UH38G Headset audio tone changes when microphone is grabbed by some applications - lionelpcn - 09-05-2022 04:13 AM

Good day all

I recently bought a Yealink UH38G headset with hopes of using it as a multi-purpose headset. I chose the Yealink because my past experience with the product is great, especially when it comes to audio quality.

I am very happy with this headset in general, however there is one thing that bothers me. Whenever an application opens the Mic channel the headset changes the audio tone. I suppose this is to optimize the audio for Voice.

I suppose this is not a bad feature, however I do use the headset not only for voice but listening to music and playing game as well. This is particularly annoying when gaming because the sound becomes extremely shrill and makes it impossible for me to enjoy my gaming experience. I realize this product is not meant for gaming but we also have VoIP in-game so it's really is perfect for the job.

Does anyone know of a way to disable this function where it optimizes the audio for voice? The only way I have been able to use the headset for gaming is to change my computer's default input device. Not ideal as I'd really like to use my Yealink headset.