Yealink Forums
MP50 use with Google Voice or Amazon AWS Connect - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: MP50 use with Google Voice or Amazon AWS Connect (/showthread.php?tid=45990)

MP50 use with Google Voice or Amazon AWS Connect - greg@redawning.com - 08-11-2022 03:33 AM

The MP50 is described as a "USB desk phone" and someone on amazon.com answered "Yes" to the question, "Can I use this with Google Voice?" - essentially saying the Yealink MP50 was like a USB headset. I would like to know more about this. Can you actually use the MP50 with Google Voice - or with something like Amazon's AWS Connect contact center 'softphone' ? Both Google Voice and AWS Connect have the ability to select the microphone, speaker and ringer devices and you can easily switch between built-in speakers & microphone and a USB headset (like those sold by Plantronics and Jabra). I have a use case for a AWS Connect "agent" who doesn't like to use headsets and prefers a typical desk phone. I don't want to continue supporting either a landline, or a SIP phone just for this one agent so I'm trying to find a phone-like alternative to a headset. Does anyone know if the MP50 would be a good solution? I have already read the postings about Yealink IP phones & SIP. But the MP50 is USB so I'm holding out hope it might work. Would really like a definitive answer from Yealink on this, or the direct experience from the user community.
Thank you.

RE: MP50 use with Google Voice or Amazon AWS Connect - greg@redawning.com - 08-13-2022 06:09 AM

(08-11-2022 03:33 AM)greg@redawning.com Wrote:  The MP50 is described as a "USB desk phone" and someone on amazon.com answered "Yes" to the question, "Can I use this with Google Voice?" - essentially saying the Yealink MP50 was like a USB headset. I would like to know more about this. Can you actually use the MP50 with Google Voice - or with something like Amazon's AWS Connect contact center 'softphone' ? Both Google Voice and AWS Connect have the ability to select the microphone, speaker and ringer devices and you can easily switch between built-in speakers & microphone and a USB headset (like those sold by Plantronics and Jabra). I have a use case for a AWS Connect "agent" who doesn't like to use headsets and prefers a typical desk phone. I don't want to continue supporting either a landline, or a SIP phone just for this one agent so I'm trying to find a phone-like alternative to a headset. Does anyone know if the MP50 would be a good solution? I have already read the postings about Yealink IP phones & SIP. But the MP50 is USB so I'm holding out hope it might work. Would really like a definitive answer from Yealink on this, or the direct experience from the user community.
Thank you.

I asked the above via the Yealink official support channel and the response was:

"Dear Customer,
Greeting from the Yealink Zoey.
For this issue, the MP50 is the Teams USB phone, it is only compatible with Teams clients.
Best Regards,
Zoey"

I take this to mean you should NOT buy this phone if you are looking for something that will work with Google Voice or AWS Connect.

FYI