Yealink Forums
MP54 Handset - Auto Dial on handset pickup/Off Hook - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: MP54 Handset - Auto Dial on handset pickup/Off Hook (/showthread.php?tid=45840)

MP54 Handset - Auto Dial on handset pickup/Off Hook - TheGarrison - 06-09-2022 11:56 PM

Hi there,
I’m hoping someone can help, we have purchased a number of your phones.

Is it possible to set this device up to Auto dial number the moment the Handset is picked up.

I have seen people comment on a much older model that Menu > Features > Hot Dial is what I'm after but this doesn't seem to exist on the web interface.

Is it only available option while physically at the phone or can I upload a config file?

Also - if this is in the wrong place admins please move it or let me know and I can re-do

RE: MP54 Handset - Auto Dial on handset pickup/Off Hook - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 06-10-2022 03:23 AM

(06-09-2022 11:56 PM)TheGarrison Wrote:  Hi there,

Is it possible to set this device up to Auto dial number the moment the Handset is picked up.

I have seen people comment on a much older model that Menu > Features > Hot Dial is what I'm after but this doesn't seem to exist on the web interface.

Is it only available option while physically at the phone or can I upload a config file?

Also - if this is in the wrong place admins please move it or let me know and I can re-do

I don't think it's about older and newer phones. My T58 with the newest firmware has a Hotline feature under Features>General Information:
[Image: chrome_WD5z18ffUH.png]

But the MP54 is a Teams-only phone, so the firmware is certainly very different and might be lacking features the general phones/firmware have.

RE: MP54 Handset - Auto Dial on handset pickup/Off Hook - TheGarrison - 06-10-2022 08:52 PM

(06-10-2022 03:23 AM)Yisroel_MongoTEL Wrote:  
(06-09-2022 11:56 PM)TheGarrison Wrote:  Hi there,

I don't think it's about older and newer phones. My T58 with the newest firmware has a Hotline feature under Features>General Information:
[Image: chrome_WD5z18ffUH.png]

But the MP54 is a Teams-only phone, so the firmware is certainly very different and might be lacking features the general phones/firmware have.

My first attempt at a reply got blocked by "Akismet" for spam....

Anyway, lets hope this works. We don't have that under features, only POwer LED, Bluetooth and Phone Lock.

Does this mean we need to buy a T58, is there an actual Yealink rep who can talk on this matter, sadly the people we buy phones from have no idea about such technical stuff

RE: MP54 Handset - Auto Dial on handset pickup/Off Hook - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 06-11-2022 01:32 AM

(06-10-2022 08:52 PM)TheGarrison Wrote:  Anyway, lets hope this works. We don't have that under features, only POwer LED, Bluetooth and Phone Lock.

Does this mean we need to buy a T58, is there an actual Yealink rep who can talk on this matter, sadly the people we buy phones from have no idea about such technical stuff

Do you use it with Teams? Then a T58 will also likely not work when programmed with the Teams firmware.

Yealink support can be reached by creating a ticket with them at ticket.yealink.com. It might take time and nudging to actually get them to respond... but in the end they usually do.

RE: MP54 Handset - Auto Dial on handset pickup/Off Hook - TheGarrison - 06-13-2022 04:12 PM

Do you use it with Teams? Then a T58 will also likely not work when programmed with the Teams firmware.

Yealink support can be reached by creating a ticket with them at ticket.yealink.com. It might take time and nudging to actually get them to respond... but in the end they usually do.
[/quote]

HI,
Yes its with Teams, i will raise a ticket then.

RE: MP54 Handset - Auto Dial on handset pickup/Off Hook - imgibason - 09-16-2022 03:04 AM

Did you ever find a solution for this? We are moving to Teams and auto dial is a solution we are looking for.

Thanks for any info!
Ian...

RE: MP54 Handset - Auto Dial on handset pickup/Off Hook - lyly - Today 11:24 AM

It seems like you're looking to set up auto dialing on the MP54 handset when it's picked up. Unfortunately, the option you mentioned, Hot Dial, doesn't appear Retro Bowl to be available on the web interface. You might need to configure this directly on the phone itself or explore the possibility of uploading a configuration file. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to the admins or technical support for guidance.