Yealink Forums
WH67 firmware update failed and bricked my headset! - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: WH67 firmware update failed and bricked my headset! (/showthread.php?tid=45692)

WH67 firmware update failed and bricked my headset! - dbeiser - 03-12-2022 12:48 PM

I cannot get support to respond, I've opened two tickets and I'm about to return this headset.

I plugged it in, the speakerphone worked just fine. The headset didn't but I attributed it to a low battery.

I installed the Yealink USB Connect and it immediately prompt for a firmware update. I clicked on install, it ran, failed and the display just keeps displaying firmware update, do not power down. This went on over night.

I unplugged it, plugged it back in and it give me the same message.

Is there a firmware recovery process?

Thanks,

RE: WH67 firmware update failed and bricked my headset! - markvdheijden - 03-21-2022 03:51 PM

(03-12-2022 12:48 PM)dbeiser Wrote:  I cannot get support to respond, I've opened two tickets and I'm about to return this headset.

I plugged it in, the speakerphone worked just fine. The headset didn't but I attributed it to a low battery.

I installed the Yealink USB Connect and it immediately prompt for a firmware update. I clicked on install, it ran, failed and the display just keeps displaying firmware update, do not power down. This went on over night.

I unplugged it, plugged it back in and it give me the same message.

Is there a firmware recovery process?

Thanks,

Hi,

You can use the following:

If the update fails, Yealink USB Connect will prompt the device is currently in recovery mode. Download the corresponding firmware package from the technical support website and then manually update thefirmware. If Yealink USB Connect does not prompt you to manually upgrade the firmware:

For WH66/WH67: unplug and plug the power adapter five times. The base enters the recovery mode after the startup.