Yealink Forums
External Busy Lamp - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: External Busy Lamp (/showthread.php?tid=45493)

External Busy Lamp - KURT - 11-06-2021 08:26 PM

I have a customer that wants an external busy lamp for his call center phones. The users sit in cubicles and he wants to see when they are on a call. He needs to see them when he walking around the office so a sidecar on his phone will not be adequate.
I can install an external light above each cubical so they can be seen but need a way to turn them on when user in off hook. They all use headsets so I will not be able to use the hook switch.
I have a FXS gateway that I can use to turn a light on if I can get an analog station to go off and on hook when the user does. Is there a way to make an addition station go off hook when there IP phone does or another way to do this? They all use T54W phones.

RE: External Busy Lamp - nbaever3 - 11-10-2021 05:16 PM

The busy lamp field is a typical feature in the telephone of a personal assistant. It supports the assistant's call management and allows transferring calls to the boss, receiving or picking up calls and knowing the current call status in the boss' office

RE: External Busy Lamp - support@sbktelecom.com - 11-23-2021 04:42 AM

(11-06-2021 08:26 PM)KURT Wrote:  I have a customer that wants an external busy lamp for his call center phones. The users sit in cubicles and he wants to see when they are on a call. He needs to see them when he walking around the office so a sidecar on his phone will not be adequate.
I can install an external light above each cubical so they can be seen but need a way to turn them on when user in off hook. They all use headsets so I will not be able to use the hook switch.
I have a FXS gateway that I can use to turn a light on if I can get an analog station to go off and on hook when the user does. Is there a way to make an addition station go off hook when there IP phone does or another way to do this? They all use T54W phones.

Hello Kurt,
The only way I know, is utilising headsets ex: yealink WH6x + BLT60 busy light or sennheiser headset + sennheiser busy light.
If you need to do this with a softphone you could always use Plenom busy light on your softphone. We utilise VOP micro softphones + plenom Kuando busylight and the solution is really nice.

RE: External Busy Lamp - caradoc - 01-06-2022 06:31 PM

(11-10-2021 05:16 PM)nbaever3 Wrote:  The busy lamp field is a typical feature in the telephone of a personal assistant. It supports the assistant's call management and allows transferring calls to the boss, receiving or picking up calls and knowing the current call status in the boss' office happy wheels

HI, you need to do this with a softphone you could always use Plenom busy light on your softphone. !

RE: External Busy Lamp - Alisha Kihn - 11-14-2023 03:49 PM

(11-06-2021 08:26 PM)KURT Wrote:  I have a customer that wants an external busy lamp for his call center phones. The users sit in cubicles and he wants to see when they are on a call. He needs to see them when he walking around the office so a sidecar on his phone will not be adequate.
I have a FXS gateway that I can use to turn a light on if I can get an analog station to go off and on hook when the user does. Is there a way to make an addition station go off hook when there IP phone does or another way to do this? They all use T54W phones. Drift Boss

Yes, there are a few ways to achieve this. One option is to use a VoIP gateway or an IP PBX that supports FXS ports. This will allow you to connect the analog station to the IP phone system, enabling the analog station to go off and on-hook when the IP phone does.