Yealink Forums
MP56 - Speaker Phone Quality - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: MP56 - Speaker Phone Quality (/showthread.php?tid=45410)

MP56 - Speaker Phone Quality - UBYeah - 09-29-2021 02:57 AM

Over the past couple months we have deployed around 35 MP56 Teams devices. However, nearly 1/3rd of the users are reporting extremely poor audio from the speaker phone feature. The speaker (device user) can either not be heard clearly on the other end of the call, or the the audio is broken and garbled. This does not appear to be a network issue as using the headset does not have the same issue.

All devices are running the same config and are up-to-date via Microsoft Teams Admin center. Screenshot attached.

Is this a hardware defect or other known issue that can be remedied?

RE: MP56 - Speaker Phone Quality - complex1 - 09-29-2021 03:43 AM

(09-29-2021 02:57 AM)UBYeah Wrote:  Over the past couple months we have deployed around 35 MP56 Teams devices. However, nearly 1/3rd of the users are reporting extremely poor audio from the speaker phone feature. The speaker (device user) can either not be heard clearly on the other end of the call, or the the audio is broken and garbled. This does not appear to be a network issue as using the headset does not have the same issue.

All devices are running the same config and are up-to-date via Microsoft Teams Admin center. Screenshot attached.

Is this a hardware defect or other known issue that can be remedied?

Hi,

Please reset one phone to factory default, re-provisioning it and check if this solved the issue?

RE: MP56 - Speaker Phone Quality - Jeff.Petit - 11-04-2021 11:32 PM

Did anything fix your issue. We also implemented the MP56 Teams Edition recently and are experiencing the exact same problem described. The handset works fine but when using the speaker function the person on the other end reports it cutting out and delayed. The sound coming out of the MP56 speaker sounds fine.

RE: MP56 - Speaker Phone Quality - UBYeah - 11-04-2021 11:46 PM

(11-04-2021 11:32 PM)Jeff.Petit Wrote:  Did anything fix your issue. We also implemented the MP56 Teams Edition recently and are experiencing the exact same problem described. The handset works fine but when using the speaker function the person on the other end reports it cutting out and delayed. The sound coming out of the MP56 speaker sounds fine.

I wouldn't say we've resolved it completely, but it has been greatly improved by disabling noise reduction/cancellation features in settings. Speaker phone quality suffers a little as it makes background noise much more prominent, but it is the lesser evil in this case. I have not had time to experiment with the specific features, so we disabled all for now until we can properly test...leaning more towards the Smart filter.

Factory resetting and re-provisioning, as suggested above, had no effect.

RE: MP56 - Speaker Phone Quality - Jeff.Petit - 11-05-2021 12:32 AM

(11-04-2021 11:46 PM)UBYeah Wrote:  
(11-04-2021 11:32 PM)Jeff.Petit Wrote:  Did anything fix your issue. We also implemented the MP56 Teams Edition recently and are experiencing the exact same problem described. The handset works fine but when using the speaker function the person on the other end reports it cutting out and delayed. The sound coming out of the MP56 speaker sounds fine.

I wouldn't say we've resolved it completely, but it has been greatly improved by disabling noise reduction/cancellation features in settings. Speaker phone quality suffers a little as it makes background noise much more prominent, but it is the lesser evil in this case. I have not had time to experiment with the specific features, so we disabled all for now until we can properly test...leaning more towards the Smart filter.

Factory resetting and re-provisioning, as suggested above, had no effect.

Thank you for your response. I will try the individual settings as well when I get a little time and report back my findings. I did just see in The Teams Admin Portal there is an updated firmware that just came out (122.15.0.60). Its not even on Yealink's website and I can't fine any release notes yet. I'll give that a try too.

RE: MP56 - Speaker Phone Quality - yllw98stng - 01-18-2022 03:48 AM

We have about 500 of the MP56 deployed. We have one location in particular (about 40 phones) that is complaining quite a bit about audio quality when on speakerphone. We've also disabled the Noise Suppression and that has helped. However, it has not completely solved the problem. We are running the latest version of firmware for Skype for Business (122.9.0.10).

RE: MP56 - Speaker Phone Quality - Jeff.Petit - 01-18-2022 04:13 AM

(01-18-2022 03:48 AM)yllw98stng Wrote:  We have about 500 of the MP56 deployed. We have one location in particular (about 40 phones) that is complaining quite a bit about audio quality when on speakerphone. We've also disabled the Noise Suppression and that has helped. However, it has not completely solved the problem. We are running the latest version of firmware for Skype for Business (122.9.0.10).

Curious if you have wireless enabled on these devices. For whatever reason from the factory I found that some of these devices had wireless enabled and some did not. When I discovered this I did a factory reset on several devices and they all defaulted back to having the wi-fi disabled. Yealink may have changed this default setting between different firmware versions but IDK that. I manually disabled wi-fi on the remaining devices and this seems to have helped also. I do not have the Noise Suppression settings disabled at this point. That did seem to help when I was testing but the wi-fi setting had the most improvement for us.

RE: MP56 - Speaker Phone Quality - yllw98stng - 01-18-2022 04:45 AM

We have had Wi-Fi disabled via our Config file since day 1. What interests me most is that I have only 1 of my 20 locations complaining about the issue. All the other reports of this issue went away when we disabled the Noise Suppression. I'm not sure if that just means the 1 location relies on the speakerphone more than the others or if something about their config is different.