Yealink Forums
Dial tone keeps ongoing even when call is rejected at destination - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W60B(Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Dial tone keeps ongoing even when call is rejected at destination (/showthread.php?tid=45350)

Dial tone keeps ongoing even when call is rejected at destination - w60B-Spain - 09-01-2021 03:28 AM

Hi,
I've found what seems to be an odd behaviour on my Yealink system. After some work, I've managed to get them (1x W60B + 2x W56H) registered and working properly on my office, meaning that I can do calls a receive calls without any problem.

Nevertheless, the issue comes when I'm either having an outgoing call from my office to a mobile or fixed line, and on destination, the call is rejected. It seems as if the Yealink devices were not "aware" of such rejection and then, I still can hear the dial tone going on for a while.
The same applies to an incoming call, where if the call is rejected at any of my yealink devices, the call originator still hears the dialling tones...

Is there anywhere on the configuration anything related to any code or something that needs to be adjusted so the telephones and the base do recognize the events of call termination and/or call rejection?

Thanks in advance,

Best

RE: Dial tone keeps ongoing even when call is rejected at destination - Phil2021 - 09-01-2021 04:48 PM

(09-01-2021 03:28 AM)w60B-Spain Wrote:  Hi,
I've found what seems to be an odd behaviour on my Yealink system. After some work, I've managed to get them (1x W60B + 2x W56H) registered and working properly on my office, meaning that I can do calls a receive calls without any problem.

Nevertheless, the issue comes when I'm either having an outgoing call from my office to a mobile or fixed line, and on destination, the call is rejected. It seems as if the Yealink devices were not "aware" of such rejection and then, I still can hear the dial tone going on for a while.
The same applies to an incoming call, where if the call is rejected at any of my yealink devices, the call originator still hears the dialling tones...

Is there anywhere on the configuration anything related to any code or something that needs to be adjusted so the telephones and the base do recognize the events of call termination and/or call rejection?

Thanks in advance,

Best

It sounds like the SIP messages are not getting through. You might want to check under Features and make sure 'Return Code When Refuse' is 486 (Busy Here) which is my setting on Sipgate and that works. I'm pretty sure I never changed any of those settings for Sipgate so that should be the default.

How are you rejecting the incoming call on the Yealink? Are you just pressing the red hang up button?

I've tested here (in the UK) and when I reject an incoming call from a mobile it goes to my voice mail on Sipgate, and when I reject a call to my mobile from Sipgate the call goes to my mobile voice mail (using a Yealink W60B and same handsets.)

Are you using the Sipgate proxy?

I've attached my settings for Sipgate so you can compare configuration. Note if you are behind a NAT then keepalive should be Enabled, I'm on IPv6 so don't need keep alive.

RE: Dial tone keeps ongoing even when call is rejected at destination - w60B-Spain - 09-01-2021 11:35 PM

Thanks @Phil2021,

I had not played with those parameters, nevertheless I had all of them like yours, so I'm going to fiddle around with the different codes to see if that makes any difference. I'll keep you posted ;-)

I have Keep Alives configured to avoid call disconnections yes ;-)
I'm not using the sipgate proxy as my SIP provider has its own proxy.

Thanks!

Pedro

(09-01-2021 04:48 PM)Phil2021 Wrote:  
(09-01-2021 03:28 AM)w60B-Spain Wrote:  Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Best

It sounds like the SIP messages are not getting through. You might want to check under Features and make sure 'Return Code When Refuse' is 486 (Busy Here) which is my setting on Sipgate and that works. I'm pretty sure I never changed any of those settings for Sipgate so that should be the default.

How are you rejecting the incoming call on the Yealink? Are you just pressing the red hang up button?

I've tested here (in the UK) and when I reject an incoming call from a mobile it goes to my voice mail on Sipgate, and when I reject a call to my mobile from Sipgate the call goes to my mobile voice mail (using a Yealink W60B and same handsets.)

Are you using the Sipgate proxy?

I've attached my settings for Sipgate so you can compare configuration. Note if you are behind a NAT then keepalive should be Enabled, I'm on IPv6 so don't need keep alive.

RE: Dial tone keeps ongoing even when call is rejected at destination - Phil2021 - 09-02-2021 03:44 PM

I thought from another post you were using normal Sipgate, which would require use of their outbound proxy for full features. Good luck sorting it out, hopefully one of those settings will be key.

RE: Dial tone keeps ongoing even when call is rejected at destination - w60B-Spain - 09-03-2021 12:28 AM

No, the sipgate proxy was a test for the errors I was getting (which, sadly, are back)
Somehow it seems that W60B and W56H are not getting good understanding with my SIP line...

Thanks!!