Yealink Forums
Visual Alert for BLF Pickup - limit to group only - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Visual Alert for BLF Pickup - limit to group only (/showthread.php?tid=45306)

Visual Alert for BLF Pickup - limit to group only - Maciejp - 08-10-2021 01:26 AM

We just rolled out 3cx with Yealink phones (T46U). People love BLFs buttons - see who is busy / who is talking (with Visual Alert for BLF Pickup enabled)
But quickly realized that they now receiving tons of alerts to pickup phones do not really belonging to their calling groups.

So it looks that by enabling every new BLF key on your phone automatically you will be notified about every calls to those extenstions!
(I think obvious expectation is to see only assigned pickup groups notifications)

Thus question is - does anyone know how configure this to have BLFs working and be informed about only own groups connections ?
(It would be really pity if I had to resign from BLFs - this was one of selling point when we decided to move to 3cx / voip solution...)

Thanks in advance for any tips !

RE: Visual Alert for BLF Pickup - limit to group only - Phil_Yealink - 08-11-2021 11:57 AM

Dear Customer,

This is Phil from Yealink, nice to work with you.
If you set a BLF for an extension, all calls from this extenison will be monitored.
The "pick up group" you mentiond is a real ring group, right?
If yes, you can set the BLF for this group extension number, so that the BLF will only monitor the calls to this group.

Best wishes,
Phil

RE: Visual Alert for BLF Pickup - limit to group only - Maciejp - 08-11-2021 01:40 PM

(08-11-2021 11:57 AM)Phil_Yealink Wrote:  The "pick up group" you mentiond is a real ring group, right?

Hi Phil,

Thanks for this tip, however Im interested some other thing - have BLF for any extensions I'd like busy lamps to see, but have this visual / audio monitor only for selected extensions (ideally belonging to ring group, but even specifying this manually will be better then nothing)

At this moment only option Ive found was to add BLF for extensions Id like to see this popup, and add other extensions as speed dials (but here I miss those busy lamps)

Rgs
Maciej