Yealink Forums
PC Port using WF40 - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: PC Port using WF40 (/showthread.php?tid=45251)

PC Port using WF40 - MYVR - 07-14-2021 10:42 PM

Hello, I have a T48G connected to WiFi using a WF40. The phone is actually powered up using a POE switch that isn't connected to any network so it is just for power. The phone works perfect setup like this, but if I plug anything into the PC port I can't get an IP. Does anyone know if the PC port will work when using a WF40 for WiFi? Thanks in Advance!

RE: PC Port using WF40 - complex1 - 07-15-2021 12:19 AM

(07-14-2021 10:42 PM)MYVR Wrote:  Hello, I have a T48G connected to WiFi using a WF40. The phone is actually powered up using a POE switch that isn't connected to any network so it is just for power. The phone works perfect setup like this, but if I plug anything into the PC port I can't get an IP. Does anyone know if the PC port will work when using a WF40 for WiFi? Thanks in Advance!

Hi,

When using WiFi, the phone acts as end point.
When using the network ports, they work as a switch, so you can also use the PC port.

RE: PC Port using WF40 - MYVR - 07-15-2021 02:04 AM

Thanks very much for the response!

(07-15-2021 12:19 AM)complex1 Wrote:  
(07-14-2021 10:42 PM)MYVR Wrote:  Hello, I have a T48G connected to WiFi using a WF40. The phone is actually powered up using a POE switch that isn't connected to any network so it is just for power. The phone works perfect setup like this, but if I plug anything into the PC port I can't get an IP. Does anyone know if the PC port will work when using a WF40 for WiFi? Thanks in Advance!

Hi,

When using WiFi, the phone acts as end point.
When using the network ports, they work as a switch, so you can also use the PC port.