Yealink Forums
T41S Recovery - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T41S Recovery (/showthread.php?tid=45202)

T41S Recovery - rfmjohn - 06-18-2021 03:31 AM

I just pulled one of our T41S units out of storage to use as a replacement and, for whatever reason, the default "admin" password is not working, so I can't seem to factory reset it. I thought I had the T41S recovery files (T41S.bin, T41S.rfs, and a ROM to go with it), but they do not appear to be working (via TFTP or USB). Can someone at Yealink give me a link to a proper set of recovery files for the T41S?

Thank you!

RE: T41S Recovery - complex1 - 06-18-2021 06:18 PM

(06-18-2021 03:31 AM)rfmjohn Wrote:  I just pulled one of our T41S units out of storage to use as a replacement and, for whatever reason, the default "admin" password is not working, so I can't seem to factory reset it. I thought I had the T41S recovery files (T41S.bin, T41S.rfs, and a ROM to go with it), but they do not appear to be working (via TFTP or USB). Can someone at Yealink give me a link to a proper set of recovery files for the T41S?

Thank you!

Hi,

Recovery is only used if the phone won't boot.
In your case, the phone boot properly, but you can't log in.
Please check the firmware the phone is running. It must be something like 66.8x.0.xx but when it is a different f/w version, your phone is probably locked to a provider.

RE: T41S Recovery - rfmjohn - 06-18-2021 08:29 PM

(06-18-2021 06:18 PM)complex1 Wrote:  Recovery is only used if the phone won't boot.

Well, in my case, it was also used to get around the fact that I didn't know the password to be able to factory reset it. Smile

Quote:In your case, the phone boot properly, but you can't log in.
Please check the firmware the phone is running. It must be something like 66.8x.0.xx but when it is a different f/w version, your phone is probably locked to a provider.

So, it turns out that this was a Verizon branded phone. There was a sticker over the logo at the top, so I didn't pick up on that immediately. In any case, we got a bunch of these from a client that stopped using them a year or two ago. We've had similar ones (of the T46S model) several times in the past. When we get these, they are running custom firmware and we always re-flash them to normal firmware and then they work great as normal Yealink phones.

We had about 2 dozen of these and for all of them, the password was just "admin" and we were therefore able to reset them to factory (running their firmware), enable the web server, log in, and flash the latest firmware. Works pretty easily.

But for this ONE phone out of 20+, the password was not "admin", so we were unable to flash the latest firmware like we did with the others. So, to work around that, I forced it into Recovery Mode and flashed it using TFTP instead.

Note that I found the files I needed online finally and re-flashed it yesterday. It is now working great like the rest running the latest Yealink firmware for the T41S. So, I'm all set now.

Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, and just to be sure, we have already verified in RPS that none of the phones are registered/listed there. We had no problem adding them to our own account and using them normally, of course.

RE: T41S Recovery - complex1 - 06-19-2021 03:33 AM

Hi,

I'm glad to read you were able to resolved your issue. Smile