Yealink Forums
LLDP advertisement of ELIN - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: LLDP advertisement of ELIN (/showthread.php?tid=4520)

LLDP advertisement of ELIN - mikes - 08-28-2015 06:48 AM

Does the Yealink T4X series of phones have the ability to capture the ELIN (Emergency Location Identification Number) from the TIA TR-41 committee – location identification portion of the LLDP advertisement? See attached Wireshark screen capture. If not how can that be submitted as a Product Development request.

The ELIN is sent to PSAP to identify the location of the caller making a Emergency call and in the U.S. that is a 911 call. If the phone had that ability to do this then the phone system manufacture can develop the ability to retrieve that information from the phone when it is plugged into the network. So if users move their phone it will automatically get its new location information from the Ethernet Switch when it is plugged in.

RE: LLDP advertisement of ELIN - Yealink_Michael - 08-28-2015 04:58 PM

HI Mikes

thanks for your information

for this issue, is there any IP Phone that can do this ? i will submit it to our R&D for evaluation

TKS & BR

Michael

RE: LLDP advertisement of ELIN - mikes - 09-08-2015 08:23 AM

(08-28-2015 04:58 PM)Yealink_Michael Wrote:  HI Mikes

thanks for your information

for this issue, is there any IP Phone that can do this ? i will submit it to our R&D for evaluation

TKS & BR

Michael

Polycom added this ability to their phone in Release_4_0_0. You can read that on page 10 of their release notes for 4.0.0. I will attach it to this post.

Added the ability to use an Emergency Location Identification Number (ELIN) from LLDP - MED to add a P -Asserted -Identity when using emergency routing:
dialplan.routing.emergency.preferredSource =[ELIN|Config] (default ELIN)
dialplan.routing.emergency.outboundIdentity =xxxxxxxx (default null)
dialplan.routing.emergency.outboundIdentity.lldp =xxxxxxxx (default null)

Also Cisco uses it in their Cisco Mobility Services Engine.

Please if you can email me and let me know if Yealink R&D sees this as a viable and possbile addition to the Yealink phones capabilities.

Thank You,
Mike

RE: LLDP advertisement of ELIN - mikes - 10-05-2015 08:05 AM

I would like to know if Yealink is considering this developing the ability for their phones to acquire location information via LLDP?

RE: LLDP advertisement of ELIN - mikes - 02-13-2017 10:47 PM

what is the status on this?

RE: LLDP advertisement of ELIN - mikes - 12-26-2019 10:56 PM

No one from Yealink replied to this post. But it is my understanding that Yealink now supports retrieving the Emergency Identification Location Number (ELIN) from the LLDP sent from the ethernet switch. Sure would be nice if Yealink would confirm this.

RE: LLDP advertisement of ELIN - complex1 - 12-27-2019 01:38 PM

(12-26-2019 10:56 PM)mikes Wrote:  No one from Yealink replied to this post. But it is my understanding that Yealink now supports retrieving the Emergency Identification Location Number (ELIN) from the LLDP sent from the ethernet switch. Sure would be nice if Yealink would confirm this.

Hi Mike,

There is something written about "Emergency Dialplan and Enhanced 911" in the Admin Guide, page 407.
Please check because I don’t know if you referring to this.

http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=142

Yealink_SIP-T2_Series_T4_Series_T5_Series_CP920_IP_Phones_Administrator_Guide_V84_80.pdf

Hope this will help.