Yealink Forums
T46G with EXP40 Sidecars Programming - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T46G with EXP40 Sidecars Programming (/showthread.php?tid=45152)

T46G with EXP40 Sidecars Programming - Burl - 05-27-2021 11:35 PM

Is there a better way?

In my organization, we have a lot of employee turn over. We have multiple receptionists with T46G phones and multiple EXP40 side cars, and if they don't have every single employee listed in alphabetical order in the EXP40's they apparently can not do their jobs.
Usually on a weekly basis I get an email to remove multiple employees and add multiple employees. I log in through the phone IP (usually after hours) and remove the list of employees who have moved on and then add the handful of employees that have been hired.
My point is this is painful. I have to copy and paste and shift names around to keep them in alphabetical order and make sure every block is filled out correctly.
We use FreePBX and I have considered using the Endpoint Manager to make this easy but it requires the same process to change names as going through the Phone IP and selecting the side car.
I have seen other PBX systems that allow you to use shift buttons and just move the users around on the side car devices.
Does anybody know a better way to do this task, or is there a better phone system (EXP50 maybe) that makes this task easier?

Thank you