Yealink Forums
W60B Random Hang - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W60B(Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: W60B Random Hang (/showthread.php?tid=45094)

W60B Random Hang - mlaihkw60b - 05-04-2021 12:48 PM

Hello All,
I replaced my Gigaset N510IP Dect system with a set of W60B paired with 7 handsets. I am experiencing random hanging of the W60B from a duration of 10 mins to 12 hours, the time seems to be completely random.

This is happening with W60B registering to account on my on-premise FreePBX, or my VOIP provider directly. N510IP had no such hanging problems.

What logs should I be looking at to troubleshoot the issue?

Or could my W60B unit be defective? The SIP connections works when the W60B is functioning normally so unlikely to be a SIP problemSad

I would appreciate any help if possible.

PS.
Firmware had been updated to v85 and downgraded back to V83 to check if that is the problem but the hanging persist thru both firmware versions.Undecided

RE: W60B Random Hang - complex1 - 05-04-2021 05:36 PM

(05-04-2021 12:48 PM)mlaihkw60b Wrote:  Hello All,
I replaced my Gigaset N510IP Dect system with a set of W60B paired with 7 handsets. I am experiencing random hanging of the W60B from a duration of 10 mins to 12 hours, the time seems to be completely random.

This is happening with W60B registering to account on my on-premise FreePBX, or my VOIP provider directly. N510IP had no such hanging problems.

Or could my W60B unit be defective? The SIP connections works when the W60B is functioning normally so unlikely to be a SIP problemSad

PS.
Firmware had been updated to v85 and downgraded back to V83 to check if that is the problem but the hanging persist thru both firmware versions.Undecided

Hi,

Maybe your issue is caused by the power supply?
Please do not use PoE, but try the power adapter supplied with the W60P.

Hope this will help.

RE: W60B Random Hang - mlaihkw60b - 05-05-2021 09:14 AM

(05-04-2021 05:36 PM)complex1 Wrote:  
(05-04-2021 12:48 PM)mlaihkw60b Wrote:  Hello All,

PS.

Hi,

Maybe your issue is caused by the power supply?
Please do not use PoE, but try the power adapter supplied with the W60P.

Hope this will help.

Upon your recommendation, I disabled POE on my MS510TXPP and connected the W60B to the original power brick this morning. It hung within the hour......Huh

So I really doubt it is a POE issue. Before the power brick, I also tried 2 different POE injector instead and W60B still hangs randomly.

Also, I completely factory reset the W60B unit two days ago and did a clean setup again. Still hang randomly.

RE: W60B Random Hang - complex1 - 05-05-2021 03:46 PM

(05-05-2021 09:14 AM)mlaihkw60b Wrote:  Upon your recommendation, I disabled POE on my MS510TXPP and connected the W60B to the original power brick this morning. It hung within the hour......Huh

So I really doubt it is a POE issue. Before the power brick, I also tried 2 different POE injector instead and W60B still hangs randomly.

Also, I completely factory reset the W60B unit two days ago and did a clean setup again. Still hang randomly.

Mmmm, there are few, if any, options left.
Most things you have already done.
Contact the seller and see if you can exchange the unit?

RE: W60B Random Hang - mlaihkw60b - 05-06-2021 12:20 PM

I gave it a try and W60B stayed up for around 24hrs with the power supply instead of POE. Just I thought there is hope, the W60B hung again......

(05-05-2021 03:46 PM)complex1 Wrote:  
(05-05-2021 09:14 AM)mlaihkw60b Wrote:  Upon your recommendation, I disabled POE on my MS510TXPP and connected the W60B to the original power brick this morning. It hung within the hour......Huh

Mmmm, there are few, if any, options left.
Most things you have already done.
Contact the seller and see if you can exchange the unit?