Yealink Forums
How to use a specific domain in my SIP message instead of server name - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: How to use a specific domain in my SIP message instead of server name (/showthread.php?tid=44946)

How to use a specific domain in my SIP message instead of server name - Marc Olivier - 03-10-2021 09:44 AM

Hi,

I've been using Polycom phone for a long time, and I can specify a domain for my SIP user, so example, 1000@pbx.enterprise.com. And that domain is separate from the server name.

But I can't figure out how to do it with Yealink without specifing pbx.enterprise.com as my server name. This causing issues because I want to have 2 separate registration for that user to a failover server.

Also, I do have need to set up 1000@pbx.internal as my user, but when my user is remote, I need to connect to public-ip.enterprise.com, not to pbx.internal.

I've look though W60B manual, and I can't find anything. I tried adding a @ in my user_name field but it didn't work. Does it need to be escaped in some way ?

Thanks

RE: How to use a specific domain in my SIP message instead of server name - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 03-10-2021 12:20 PM

If I understand correctly your question, you'd put the domain in the Server Host field and the server/s in the Outbound Proxy Server field/s.

RE: How to use a specific domain in my SIP message instead of server name - Marc Olivier - 03-11-2021 03:41 AM

(03-10-2021 12:20 PM)Yisroel_MongoTEL Wrote:  If I understand correctly your question, you'd put the domain in the Server Host field and the server/s in the Outbound Proxy Server field/s.

Urm, I've stop using outbound proxy a long time with polycom (It could caused some issues with some feature). But I'll give it a try. Thanks

RE: How to use a specific domain in my SIP message instead of server name - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 03-11-2021 05:54 AM

(03-11-2021 03:41 AM)Marc Olivier Wrote:  Urm, I've stop using outbound proxy a long time with polycom (It could caused some issues with some feature). But I'll give it a try. Thanks

Keep up posted...