Yealink Forums
Automatic recall of calls on hold T54W - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Automatic recall of calls on hold T54W (/showthread.php?tid=44895)

Automatic recall of calls on hold T54W - n00604443 - 02-19-2021 03:08 AM

Greetings,

I have a customer who is requesting an option to recall all on hold calls after x amount of time. We are using an Asterisk based PBX and I have searched the forums and have had no luck.

I can use call parking but this will not keep the customers employees from placing people on hold for an extended period of time, which is what they want to avoid.

The phone model Yealink T54W and firmware 96.84.0.125

I wanted to ask if someone knew of any settings that would force the customers employees to do what they are supposed to.

Regards,

RE: Automatic recall of calls on hold T54W - complex1 - 02-19-2021 04:39 AM

(02-19-2021 03:08 AM)n00604443 Wrote:  Greetings,

I have a customer who is requesting an option to recall all on hold calls after x amount of time. We are using an Asterisk based PBX and I have searched the forums and have had no luck.

I can use call parking but this will not keep the customers employees from placing people on hold for an extended period of time, which is what they want to avoid.

The phone model Yealink T54W and firmware 96.84.0.125

I wanted to ask if someone knew of any settings that would force the customers employees to do what they are supposed to.

Regards,

Hi,

As far as I know is this an "advanced/extended" function of the PBX, not of the phone.

RE: Automatic recall of calls on hold T54W - n00604443 - 03-02-2021 09:48 PM

Greetings,

I spoke to the customer but the PBX vendor is saying it is part of the phone on hosted systems. As a temp fix I used:

# Time in seconds before first warning tone when call is on hold
features.play_hold_tone.delay = 3

# Time in seconds at which the IP phone plays the warning tone when call is on hold
features.play_hold_tone.interval = 10

To make it annoying for the employees to keep people on hold but that does not solve the issue if they put the phone down while working. I am looking for a way to force the call to call back in.

Regards,