Yealink Forums
Permit Silent Mode - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Permit Silent Mode (/showthread.php?tid=44695)

Permit Silent Mode - marcelm - 11-21-2020 12:21 AM

I’ve noticed that the video series phones have an provisioning option called "permit_silent_mode", is this setting available on the T27G and T21PE2?

We have a client who has staff that's turning off the ringer on their phones and we'd like to keep them from doing this without hard coding a ringer volume.

RE: Permit Silent Mode - complex1 - 11-21-2020 01:56 AM

(11-21-2020 12:21 AM)marcelm Wrote:  I’ve noticed that the video series phones have an provisioning option called "permit_silent_mode", is this setting available on the T27G and T21PE2?

We have a client who has staff that's turning off the ringer on their phones and we'd like to keep them from doing this without hard coding a ringer volume.

Hi,

Please try next parameter:
force.voice.ring_vol = X

Note: X = 0 to 15 - the user cannot adjust the ringer volume on the phone, the ringtone is the configured volume.

Hope this will help.

RE: Permit Silent Mode - marcelm - 11-21-2020 02:39 AM

Hello,

Yes I've tried that setting and it works but it locks the user from adjusting the volume, I just want to stop them from turning off the ringer completely. Is that possible?

RE: Permit Silent Mode - complex1 - 11-21-2020 06:14 PM

(11-21-2020 02:39 AM)marcelm Wrote:  Hello,

Yes I've tried that setting and it works but it locks the user from adjusting the volume, I just want to stop them from turning off the ringer completely. Is that possible?

Hi,

I don't know if this will fulfill your need, but try this parameter to adjust the minimum ringer volume on the phone.
phone_setting.voice.ring_vol_min = X

Note: X = 0 to 15 and is only supported by T27G phone.

Hope this will help.

RE: Permit Silent Mode - marcelm - 11-23-2020 11:37 PM

(11-21-2020 06:14 PM)complex1 Wrote:  Hi,

I don't know if this will fulfill your need, but try this parameter to adjust the minimum ringer volume on the phone.
phone_setting.voice.ring_vol_min = X

Note: X = 0 to 15 and is only supported by T27G phone.

Hope this will help.

This is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks so much!