Yealink Forums
Compatible RJ12 cable for EHS36 - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Accessories (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Compatible RJ12 cable for EHS36 (/showthread.php?tid=44604)

Compatible RJ12 cable for EHS36 - bnmand - 10-27-2020 08:01 AM

My RJ12 cable is broken (it still can be connected but easily becomes dislodged).

I bought a 2m 6P6C RJ-12 cable to replace it but the replacement cable doesn't work. The headset won't pickup calls whereas it still will with the old cord.

Am I missing something with required specs or something?

RE: Compatible RJ12 cable for EHS36 - Albert_Yealink - 10-28-2020 06:44 PM

(10-27-2020 08:01 AM)bnmand Wrote:  My RJ12 cable is broken (it still can be connected but easily becomes dislodged).

I bought a 2m 6P6C RJ-12 cable to replace it but the replacement cable doesn't work. The headset won't pickup calls whereas it still will with the old cord.

Am I missing something with required specs or something?

Dear Customer,

This is Albert from Yealink Technical Support Team. Nice to work with you.

From your description, the specs of RJ12 is correct, please check that if the new RJ12 is available and the port of EHS36 is intact.

Best Regards,

Albert

RE: Compatible RJ12 cable for EHS36 - bnmand - 10-29-2020 12:39 PM

I have swapped back and forth with the old cord multiple times. The old broken cord still works but is easily dislodged as the connector is broken at one end. The new cord that is longer and not broken doesn't work. I was hoping for some clarification to either get the new cord working or point to one that is definitely known to work.

RE: Compatible RJ12 cable for EHS36 - complex1 - 10-29-2020 04:23 PM

(10-29-2020 12:39 PM)bnmand Wrote:  I have swapped back and forth with the old cord multiple times. The old broken cord still works but is easily dislodged as the connector is broken at one end. The new cord that is longer and not broken doesn't work. I was hoping for some clarification to either get the new cord working or point to one that is definitely known to work.

Hi,

Do the wire colors match in the connectors of the defective and new cable?
Please check if there are no wire twists in the new cable?
In other words: visually and technically check the new cable for differences with the old cable... if possible.
Didn't you accidentally buy a cross cable? (pinout RJ12 - RJ12: 1-6 / 2-5 / 3-4 / 4-3 / 5-2 / 6-1)

Hope this will help.