Yealink Forums
Reconfig of branded handsets/bases - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W52P (Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Reconfig of branded handsets/bases (/showthread.php?tid=44517)

Reconfig of branded handsets/bases - BestGear - 10-07-2020 09:11 AM

Guys

I am looking to buy some used handsets and bases - can anyone confirm if, for example, BT branded/sourced devices can be used with other carriers or setups?

I would hope that they can be flashed with vanilla firmware but could expect that to be a pantomime in some cases.

Any advice most appreciated.

David

RE: Reconfig of branded handsets/bases - BestGear - 10-11-2020 09:37 AM

Hi

Ok - a fair few views and no replies - can I ask it slightly differently?

When a vendor customises this kit - is it the firmware in the bases AND/OR the handsets?

Not just thinking BT here but any of the voip providers that sell Yealink (dect) with their service.

Last question - do I need the originally registered base to be here when I register the handset to another base, or does the handset need to be deregistered first?

Thanks

RE: Reconfig of branded handsets/bases - complex1 - 10-11-2020 11:40 AM

(10-11-2020 09:37 AM)BestGear Wrote:  Hi

Ok - a fair few views and no replies - can I ask it slightly differently?

When a vendor customises this kit - is it the firmware in the bases AND/OR the handsets?

Not just thinking BT here but any of the voip providers that sell Yealink (dect) with their service.

Last question - do I need the originally registered base to be here when I register the handset to another base, or does the handset need to be deregistered first?

Thanks

Hi,

When a vendor customize the kit, usually he change the firmware of the base and handset. That way, the operation remains guaranteed.
The vendor can also tie the base MAC address to a RPS server. This way the base is locked to the vendor.
To release/unlock the set you will need the help from that vendor/provider.

You can de-register the handset without the need of the base, but the original base will keep to hold the registration of that handset.

Hope this will help.

RE: Reconfig of branded handsets/bases - BestGear - 10-11-2020 04:57 PM

(10-11-2020 11:40 AM)complex1 Wrote:  Hope this will help.

Yes, thank you for your reply.

So I guess its pointless buying these used unless the seller can guarantee that they are not branded in any way.

I had hoped that it would be possible to flash them with vanilla firmware (even having to use tftp or other malarkey) and all would be good.

Many thanks

David