Yealink Forums
re-looking for a way to rename states on DSS - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: re-looking for a way to rename states on DSS (/showthread.php?tid=44298)

re-looking for a way to rename states on DSS - bitblock - 08-07-2020 09:28 PM

I don't see this in the enhanced dss info - maybe I'm missing something? Sometimes when you are using a DSS key for a feature code - like a queue or day / night or call forward etc. "Talking" is not a valid indication of "INUSE" state. Is there a way to assign values for the feature codes much in the way light patterns can be created?

If not I've seen a number of people mention this before - is there a place to vote on the addition of the feature or to add our support?

Having a parking lot button read "talking" instead of nothing or "pick up" confuses the users and makes them think someone has already picked up the call.

Thanks!

RE: re-looking for a way to rename states on DSS - Aaron_Yealink - 09-07-2020 08:44 AM

Thanks for reaching out.

To help you resolve your issue, please help to answer below questions:
1. What is the firmware verison of your device, please find it via pressing OK buttion when the phone is on idle state;
2. Which pbx platform are you using for testing?
3. Which type of DSS key do you think will confuse the cusotmer?
4. For parking lot display the phone DSS key LED can display the different status of parking, like idle is green, talking is solid red, unanswered parked call is slowly flashing red.

Thanks!

(08-07-2020 09:28 PM)bitblock Wrote:  I don't see this in the enhanced dss info - maybe I'm missing something? Sometimes when you are using a DSS key for a feature code - like a queue or day / night or call forward etc. "Talking" is not a valid indication of "INUSE" state. Is there a way to assign values for the feature codes much in the way light patterns can be created?

If not I've seen a number of people mention this before - is there a place to vote on the addition of the feature or to add our support?

Having a parking lot button read "talking" instead of nothing or "pick up" confuses the users and makes them think someone has already picked up the call.

Thanks!