Yealink Forums
No way to exit Settings app on T58A - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T5X Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: No way to exit Settings app on T58A (/showthread.php?tid=44266)

No way to exit Settings app on T58A - CFortC - 07-30-2020 01:40 AM

With latest firmware update to my T58A (58.85.0.5) I find that there is no way to exit the Settings app. It seems crazy, I realize. The same applies to the File Manager app. However, the apps which interact directly with phone data such as calls, contacts, and messages retain their little left arrow icon in the top left-hand corner, enabling exit back to the main phone screen.

This problem is persistent over several firmware version downgrades and upgrades. It's like the Android section of the phone is busted.

Anyone else seen such a syndrome? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

RE: No way to exit Settings app on T58A - lfrench - 07-26-2021 07:38 PM

(07-30-2020 01:40 AM)CFortC Wrote:  With latest firmware update to my T58A (58.85.0.5) I find that there is no way to exit the Settings app. It seems crazy, I realize. The same applies to the File Manager app. However, the apps which interact directly with phone data such as calls, contacts, and messages retain their little left arrow icon in the top left-hand corner, enabling exit back to the main phone screen.

This problem is persistent over several firmware version downgrades and upgrades. It's like the Android section of the phone is busted.

Anyone else seen such a syndrome? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Did you ever have any success here? I’m experiencing the same thing unfortunately.

RE: No way to exit Settings app on T58A - cforce - 08-16-2021 09:29 PM

Can't you click the square icon at the bottom of the screen to show all open apps and then close from there?

RE: No way to exit Settings app on T58A - CFortC - 08-16-2021 09:47 PM

I ended up resetting to factory, reinstalling the correct latest version of the firmware, and for good measure, repeated both those steps. This process managed to exorcise the remaining devils and the phone and firmware now operates normally.

I believe I know how the error mode was instigated. I had previously accidentally installed the Microsoft Teams version of the firmware. That version is not actually supported on this hardware platform but it installed anyway. When I realized the error and reinstalled the correct (non-Teams) firmware, that's when my troubles began.

This request / trouble report may be closed.