Yealink Forums
Set up DSS Key as shortcut to View Voicemail Menu - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Set up DSS Key as shortcut to View Voicemail Menu (/showthread.php?tid=44188)

Set up DSS Key as shortcut to View Voicemail Menu - c.holloway - 07-01-2020 10:21 AM

Good Morning.

I'm pretty sure this is possible but haven't been able to work out how to do it exactly.
One of my clients has a couple of shared mailboxes attached to 6 phones at their practice. Currently it requires 4 or 5 key presses to get to the "View Voicemail" menu where they can see which mailbox currently has voicemail. (The phone does have MWI but no way to tell at a glance which account has the voicemail). As such I would like to set up a DSS key to allow them to get to this sub-menu with a single key press if possible.

RE: Set up DSS Key as shortcut to View Voicemail Menu - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 07-01-2020 08:55 PM

(07-01-2020 10:21 AM)c.holloway Wrote:  Good Morning.

I'm pretty sure this is possible but haven't been able to work out how to do it exactly.
One of my clients has a couple of shared mailboxes attached to 6 phones at their practice. Currently it requires 4 or 5 key presses to get to the "View Voicemail" menu where they can see which mailbox currently has voicemail. (The phone does have MWI but no way to tell at a glance which account has the voicemail). As such I would like to set up a DSS key to allow them to get to this sub-menu with a single key press if possible.

Sure. DSS Key type Custom Key and the value is:
Code:
$Iview_voice_mail$

RE: Set up DSS Key as shortcut to View Voicemail Menu - c.holloway - 07-06-2020 03:01 PM

Thank you for this. I'm now having another issue. I have updated the provisioning file to enabled enhanced DSS but I still do not have an option for custom on the phone. I set features.enhanced_dss_keys.enable to 1 to accomplish this.

The phone in question is a T42S running firmware 66.85.0.5

RE: Set up DSS Key as shortcut to View Voicemail Menu - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 07-06-2020 03:54 PM

(07-06-2020 03:01 PM)c.holloway Wrote:  Thank you for this. I'm now having another issue. I have updated the provisioning file to enabled enhanced DSS but I still do not have an option for custom on the phone. I set features.enhanced_dss_keys.enable to 1 to accomplish this.

I guess you mistyped something or didn't reprovision successfully afterward...

How about you manually import this config file to the phone?

RE: Set up DSS Key as shortcut to View Voicemail Menu - c.holloway - 07-06-2020 04:23 PM

(07-06-2020 03:54 PM)Yisroel_MongoTEL Wrote:  
(07-06-2020 03:01 PM)c.holloway Wrote:  Thank you for this. I'm now having another issue. I have updated the provisioning file to enabled enhanced DSS but I still do not have an option for custom on the phone. I set features.enhanced_dss_keys.enable to 1 to accomplish this.

I guess you mistyped something or didn't reprovision successfully afterward...

How about you manually import this config file to the phone?

Unfortunately adding those lines did not resolve the issue. It seems that the phone doesn't recognize type 73 as valid as the button doesn't show up on the phone. I have attached the current config of the phone for review.

I noticed in that file that there was an additional line that read linekey.4.type = 0 after the initial type variable that I have since removed. When the phone provisions, that dsskey is blank and in the GUI shows up as type line

RE: Set up DSS Key as shortcut to View Voicemail Menu - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 07-06-2020 04:51 PM

In the exported config I see a line
Code:
linekey.4.type =  0

This is obviously conflicting the key type you're actually trying to add...

RE: Set up DSS Key as shortcut to View Voicemail Menu - c.holloway - 07-06-2020 05:55 PM

(07-06-2020 04:51 PM)Yisroel_MongoTEL Wrote:  In the exported config I see a line
Code:
linekey.4.type =  0

This is obviously conflicting the key type you're actually trying to add...

I mentioned in one of my other replies that I saw that and removed it. The result is still the same. Attached is the current config of the phone with the filename of 805EC05927E1 (2).cfg

RE: Set up DSS Key as shortcut to View Voicemail Menu - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 07-06-2020 06:02 PM

(07-06-2020 05:55 PM)c.holloway Wrote:  mentioned in one of my other replies that I saw that and removed it. The result is still the same. Attached is the current config of the phone with the filename of

In this one the enhanced_dss_keys is commented out...
Code:
#features.enhanced_dss_keys.enable = 1

RE: Set up DSS Key as shortcut to View Voicemail Menu - c.holloway - 08-03-2020 12:33 PM

Yisroel,

Sorry for the delay I've had a lot going on. That was definitely the problem, I feel foolish! Thanks for all your help and patience.