Yealink Forums
T54W voicemail button function - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: T54W voicemail button function (/showthread.php?tid=44025)

T54W voicemail button function - urthllc - 05-06-2020 02:55 AM

Hello,

My voicemail button used to go straight to my voicemail whenever I had a notification of messages on my screen.
I performed a factory reset to clear some other keys and get a fresh start after learning my system and now when I press the envelope key it dials the extension and doesn't allow me to retrieve my messages.
How do I get it to go straight to my messages again?

Thanks,
Tony

RE: T54W voicemail button function - complex1 - 05-06-2020 08:17 AM

(05-06-2020 02:55 AM)urthllc Wrote:  Hello,

My voicemail button used to go straight to my voicemail whenever I had a notification of messages on my screen.
I performed a factory reset to clear some other keys and get a fresh start after learning my system and now when I press the envelope key it dials the extension and doesn't allow me to retrieve my messages.

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony,

Under Account > Account x > Advanced > Voice Mail, you can set the voicemail number to dial when press the envelope button.
A far as I know is this the only way to listen to the voicemail.

Hope this will help.

RE: T54W voicemail button function - urthllc - 05-06-2020 02:13 PM

(05-06-2020 08:17 AM)complex1 Wrote:  
(05-06-2020 02:55 AM)urthllc Wrote:  Hello,

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony,

Under Account > Account x > Advanced > Voice Mail, you can set the voicemail number to dial when press the envelope button.
A far as I know is this the only way to listen to the voicemail.

Hope this will help.

Thanks for replying but as I stated in my OP, it worked differently before I did the factory reset so I do know there is another way to set it up and make it go directly to voicemail without having to listen to it ring the extension.

RE: T54W voicemail button function - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 05-06-2020 02:22 PM

(05-06-2020 02:13 PM)urthllc Wrote:  Thanks for replying but as I stated in my OP, it worked differently before I did the factory reset so I do know there is another way to set it up and make it go directly to voicemail without having to listen to it ring the extension.

You don't need it to ring your extension, what he suggested was to set Account > Account x > Advanced > Voice Mail to a specific code that your phone system has a direct dial to VM (I know mine is using *85, some other are using *97, but it all depends in your PBX system.)

RE: T54W voicemail button function - urthllc - 05-06-2020 02:43 PM

My sincere apologies to @complex1 and thank you @MongoTEL_Support for clarifying his response, I understand how it works now and it is working as I wanted it to.

Thanks again,

Tony