Yealink Forums
T41S units asking for last 5 digits of serial number then reseting to factory - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T41S units asking for last 5 digits of serial number then reseting to factory (/showthread.php?tid=43942)

T41S units asking for last 5 digits of serial number then reseting to factory - richard.vince - 04-08-2020 03:09 AM

I have several T41S and another model (a reception type Yealink model) that recently have been after powered up they have been asking for the last 5 digits of the serial number. Once this is entered into the phone via the keypad they reset back to factory defaults.
I have no idea why this is happening and it is driving me nuts. The phones are on 2 different sites and I have to travel to the other site to re-configure these phones after they have factory reset.

RE: T41S units asking for last 5 digits of serial number then reseting to factory - complex1 - 04-08-2020 08:16 AM

(04-08-2020 03:09 AM)richard.vince Wrote:  I have several T41S and another model (a reception type Yealink model) that recently have been after powered up they have been asking for the last 5 digits of the serial number. Once this is entered into the phone via the keypad they reset back to factory defaults.
I have no idea why this is happening and it is driving me nuts. The phones are on 2 different sites and I have to travel to the other site to re-configure these phones after they have factory reset.

Hi,

Not sure if this is the case but I think your phones are locked to some providers RPS.
Did you buy them from Amazon or other 3rd party reseller or directly from a Yealink reseller?