Yealink Forums
T54W - WiFi + Bluetooth at same time - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T5X Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: T54W - WiFi + Bluetooth at same time (/showthread.php?tid=43912)

T54W - WiFi + Bluetooth at same time - CEPM Nate - 03-30-2020 08:45 PM

Two weeks ago at our office, we set up bluetooth headsets for the T54W. The phones connect over 5g wifi, and everything worked.

Our dispatcher is now working from home (silly virus), and while the phone connects over WiFi and can take and receive calls, for some reason the bluetooth headset refuses to connect to the phone in this new location.

Has anyone else experienced this?

RE: T54W - WiFi + Bluetooth at same time - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 03-31-2020 02:01 AM

(03-30-2020 08:45 PM)CEPM Nate Wrote:  Two weeks ago at our office, we set up bluetooth headsets for the T54W. The phones connect over 5g wifi, and everything worked.

Our dispatcher is now working from home (silly virus), and while the phone connects over WiFi and can take and receive calls, for some reason the bluetooth headset refuses to connect to the phone in this new location.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I would not think it has anything with "WiFi + Bluetooth at same time". He just has an issue connecting the Bluetooth headset. Is he able to connect the headset with the WiFi is Off?

RE: T54W - WiFi + Bluetooth at same time - CEPM Nate - 03-31-2020 11:02 PM

We swapped the network connection to wired, and you are correct, the bluetooth device still does not pair. Apparently had nothing to do with wifi.

The deskphone DOES see other bluetooth devices (cellphones), but not the headset.

Now I'm in talks with the manufacturer to see if there's some way to reset the headset.

For anyone interested, the bluetooth headset is https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L13Y3K2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Yamay product).

*****, and ok reviews.

(edit)
Ha, I tried to put in 'c' 'h' 'e' 'a' 'p', and it censored it to a bunch of stars. Who considers that word to be bad?

RE: T54W - WiFi + Bluetooth at same time - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 04-01-2020 02:21 AM

(03-31-2020 11:02 PM)CEPM Nate Wrote:  We swapped the network connection to wired, and you are correct, the bluetooth device still does not pair. Apparently had nothing to do with wifi.

The deskphone DOES see other bluetooth devices (cellphones), but not the headset.

Now I'm in talks with the manufacturer to see if there's some way to reset the headset.

For anyone interested, the bluetooth headset is https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L13Y3K2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Yamay product).

*****, and ok reviews.

(edit)
Ha, I tried to put in 'c' 'h' 'e' 'a' 'p', and it censored it to a bunch of stars. Who considers that word to be bad?

Other devices can see this headset? Most likely it just unpaired and you need to put the device into pairing mode.

Try the following (from an Amazon review):
  • Long press the Volume - and Volume + about 5-7 seconds, till the light shows pink
  • Turn off the bluetooth of the headset (long press the MFB about 7-10 seconds, till the led light shows red then goes off)
  • Turn on the Bluetooth of the headset (long press the MFB about 7 seconds are enough, till the led light shows red and blue crossed), and then open your mobile phone's Bluetooth to pair.

RE: T54W - WiFi + Bluetooth at same time - CEPM Nate - 04-01-2020 03:46 PM

Thanks. I'm having them try multiple methods to put it back into pairing modes, and I'll report back here on the progress.

We do like this phone! :-)

Yup, that was it. User was having a hard time putting the headset into pairing mode. Once they did that, it showed up on the phone.

Thanks for your help!