Yealink Forums
T42S or T23G - busy signal - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T42S or T23G - busy signal (/showthread.php?tid=43848)

T42S or T23G - busy signal - Emir_Sa - 03-09-2020 12:00 PM

Hi, i have unusual problem with T42S and T23g series sip yealink .... When I make call to analoge phone, I don't get busy signal ... even in situation when I know that the analog phone is busy, PBX set correctly and the signal I get is ringing ... i tried making changes: Account / Advanced / Caller ID Source (Set: PAI or PAI-FRO...) and it didn't help as well as Features / General inf. / 180 Ring Workaround (Disabled - because default configuration is set enable) .... do you have an idea to help me to solve this unusual problem Smile

RE: T42S or T23G - busy signal - complex1 - 03-09-2020 05:07 PM

(03-09-2020 12:00 PM)Emir_Sa Wrote:  Hi, i have unusual problem with T42S and T23g series sip yealink .... When I make call to analoge phone, I don't get busy signal ... even in situation when I know that the analog phone is busy, PBX set correctly and the signal I get is ringing ... i tried making changes: Account / Advanced / Caller ID Source (Set: PAI or PAI-FRO...) and it didn't help as well as Features / General inf. / 180 Ring Workaround (Disabled - because default configuration is set enable) .... do you have an idea to help me to solve this unusual problem Smile

Hi,

Log in to your phone, go to "Settings > Tones" and check if the right Country is selected, or if you have select "Custom" then check if the Busy field is filled with the correct tone set.

Hope this will help.

RE: T42S or T23G - busy signal - Emir_Sa - 03-10-2020 08:45 AM

(03-09-2020 05:07 PM)complex1 Wrote:  
(03-09-2020 12:00 PM)Emir_Sa Wrote:  Hi, i have unusual problem with T42S and T23g series sip yealink .... When I make call to analoge phone, I don't get busy signal ... even in situation when I know that the analog phone is busy, PBX set correctly and the signal I get is ringing ... i tried making changes: Account / Advanced / Caller ID Source (Set: PAI or PAI-FRO...) and it didn't help as well as Features / General inf. / 180 Ring Workaround (Disabled - because default configuration is set enable) .... do you have an idea to help me to solve this unusual problem Smile

Hi,

Log in to your phone, go to "Settings > Tones" and check if the right Country is selected, or if you have select "Custom" then check if the Busy field is filled with the correct tone set.

Hope this will help.

Hi, Made the changes however it didn't help ... thanks for the suggestion

RE: T42S or T23G - busy signal - complex1 - 03-10-2020 04:24 PM

(03-10-2020 08:45 AM)Emir_Sa Wrote:  Hi, Made the changes however it didn't help ... thanks for the suggestion

Hi,

Just checked my phone settings and I have 180 Ring... "Enable" and Caller ID Source "FROM" and have no issues.
I like to suggest to reset the phone to factory default, re-provisioning it, make no changes and try again.
The PBX is responsible for which ringback tone you hear.

Hope this will help.

RE: T42S or T23G - busy signal - jolouis - 03-11-2020 01:55 PM

(03-09-2020 12:00 PM)Emir_Sa Wrote:  Hi, i have unusual problem with T42S and T23g series sip yealink .... When I make call to analoge phone, I don't get busy signal ... even in situation when I know that the analog phone is busy, PBX set correctly and the signal I get is ringing

Silly question but is the analog phone configured on the PBX to allow call waiting? If so when you dial it you will always get ringing, even when somebody is already talking on that phone (that's the whole point of call waiting after all). The analog phone or ATA may not be setup to properly notify you (usually with two short beeps) of another incoming call, so maybe you don't realize this is the case?

RE: T42S or T23G - busy signal - Emir_Sa - 03-11-2020 07:40 PM

(03-10-2020 04:24 PM)complex1 Wrote:  
(03-10-2020 08:45 AM)Emir_Sa Wrote:  Hi, Made the changes however it didn't help ... thanks for the suggestion

Hi,

Just checked my phone settings and I have 180 Ring... "Enable" and Caller ID Source "FROM" and have no issues.
I like to suggest to reset the phone to factory default, re-provisioning it, make no changes and try again.
The PBX is responsible for which ringback tone you hear.

Hope this will help.

Hi, i think i tried those variants but i'll do as you say again, if it doesn't work I'll also check the PBX configuration again ... thanks

(03-11-2020 01:55 PM)jolouis Wrote:  
(03-09-2020 12:00 PM)Emir_Sa Wrote:  Hi, i have unusual problem with T42S and T23g series sip yealink .... When I make call to analoge phone, I don't get busy signal ... even in situation when I know that the analog phone is busy, PBX set correctly and the signal I get is ringing

Silly question but is the analog phone configured on the PBX to allow call waiting? If so when you dial it you will always get ringing, even when somebody is already talking on that phone (that's the whole point of call waiting after all). The analog phone or ATA may not be setup to properly notify you (usually with two short beeps) of another incoming call, so maybe you don't realize this is the case?

Hi, analog has one channel and when phone has a call, other phone gets busy signal, in the case of ISDN phones, there are two channels and have waiting option like you saying ...

RE: T42S or T23G - busy signal - Emir_Sa - 03-13-2020 11:31 AM

Hi, Just to update the information, I was able to initiate the correct signaling ... on the PBX I changed the configuration but also needed to correct the default configuration of the SIP yealnik (180 Ring Workaround = Disable, default was enable...), thanks all for the suggestion ...

RE: T42S or T23G - busy signal - complex1 - 03-13-2020 12:14 PM

(03-13-2020 11:31 AM)Emir_Sa Wrote:  Hi, Just to update the information, I was able to initiate the correct signaling ... on the PBX I changed the configuration but also needed to correct the default configuration of the SIP yealnik (180 Ring Workaround = Disable, default was enable...), thanks all for the suggestion ...

Cool. I'm glad I was able to help you.