Yealink Forums
T48G Problems with old Plantronics Headset - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T48G Problems with old Plantronics Headset (/showthread.php?tid=43827)

T48G Problems with old Plantronics Headset - Lazzard - 03-04-2020 10:46 AM

Hi Guys,

I got a T48G a few days ago. I tried to connect my old Plantronics wired call center headset to the phone using RJ9. I can hear the caller, but he can't hear me. Is it possible that the pins are assigned differently?

I tried a Yealink headset, it works on the phone. But the quality is not so good.

My old headset works because I used it on my old phone without any problems.

Anybody got any ideas?

RE: T48G Problems with old Plantronics Headset - complex1 - 03-04-2020 12:57 PM

(03-04-2020 10:46 AM)Lazzard Wrote:  Hi Guys,

I got a T48G a few days ago. I tried to connect my old Plantronics wired call center headset to the phone using RJ9. I can hear the caller, but he can't hear me. Is it possible that the pins are assigned differently?

I tried a Yealink headset, it works on the phone. But the quality is not so good.

My old headset works because I used it on my old phone without any problems.

Anybody got any ideas?

Hi,

Please check if your headset is compatible using the "Tested headset compatibility list"
http://support.yealink.com/forward2download?path=ZIjHOJbWuW/DFrGTLnGypjZRKhDplusSymbolXJQ44SP7M5EwJ/bEBl4TYMwHO62K4bzY3cGVv5mE0LprnvNugmvIplusSymbol5/vT81eVIxOnYamPu/WLNu542X50vJ4aplusSymboluJ6UoF6nhlplusSymbolhOGjHonb9WNg/OiWd/1yBZRGZUfsMI8vQyEzFxPKC3Pn5P11Hqvyxx/XA==

RE: T48G Problems with old Plantronics Headset - jolouis - 03-04-2020 04:20 PM

What is your old phone? Pinout is almost certainly different. If you know the wiring of the old phone you can figure out what is mic and what is speaker, then re-arrange and re-terminate (or get a new compatibility cord) accordingly. Yealink needs the U10P-S cord I believe.

RE: T48G Problems with old Plantronics Headset - Lazzard - 03-05-2020 07:02 PM

(03-04-2020 04:20 PM)jolouis Wrote:  What is your old phone? Pinout is almost certainly different. If you know the wiring of the old phone you can figure out what is mic and what is speaker, then re-arrange and re-terminate (or get a new compatibility cord) accordingly. Yealink needs the U10P-S cord I believe.

I have a Concept P622 from Telekom. I have pliers for the plugs, but no plugs. I could try this.