Yealink Forums
Flashing status light - useless? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T5X Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Flashing status light - useless? (/showthread.php?tid=43798)

Flashing status light - useless? - chrismoo - 02-24-2020 02:43 PM

Is it me or are the flags for the notification LED useless?

I would expect using it for either Missed Calls or Voicemail would be useful but it seems that even text messages cause the LED to flash which is nonsense when users think that they have missed calls or voicemails but it is in fact just some other Teams notification.

Am I missing something here? How do people use/configure the notification LED - at this point I'm probably going to just disable it across the board for all phones.

RE: Flashing status light - useless? - asygma - 02-26-2020 10:03 AM

(02-24-2020 02:43 PM)chrismoo Wrote:  Is it me or are the flags for the notification LED useless?

I would expect using it for either Missed Calls or Voicemail would be useful but it seems that even text messages cause the LED to flash which is nonsense when users think that they have missed calls or voicemails but it is in fact just some other Teams notification.

Am I missing something here? How do people use/configure the notification LED - at this point I'm probably going to just disable it across the board for all phones.

Useless in my opinion. It doesn't matter if you check missed calls and voicemails, it keeps flashing red regardless. I've already complained this to support but as with many other issues I've raised. It seems we are just fighting a lost cause here.

No support.