Yealink Forums
T46S Static IP Issue - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T46S Static IP Issue (/showthread.php?tid=43521)

T46S Static IP Issue - igendreau - 12-18-2019 08:40 PM

I have 40 or so T46S phones. When I fire up the phone with DHCP enabled, they all pick up a valid IP address. I then hop in the web interface, flip them over to a static IP matching the exact IP that they picked up using DHCP. This has worked for 36 of the 40 phones.

However, 4 of them will not connect when using static. I let them pick up an IP address using DHCP, and then set that IP to their static IP. They get no service. If I then flip it back to DHCP, it gets service, and it is using the IP address I had set as the static.

Any reason this would happen to just a select few phones, and any way around this?

RE: T46S Static IP Issue - complex1 - 12-18-2019 10:14 PM

(12-18-2019 08:40 PM)igendreau Wrote:  I have 40 or so T46S phones. When I fire up the phone with DHCP enabled, they all pick up a valid IP address. I then hop in the web interface, flip them over to a static IP matching the exact IP that they picked up using DHCP. This has worked for 36 of the 40 phones.

However, 4 of them will not connect when using static. I let them pick up an IP address using DHCP, and then set that IP to their static IP. They get no service. If I then flip it back to DHCP, it gets service, and it is using the IP address I had set as the static.

Any reason this would happen to just a select few phones, and any way around this?

Hi,

Did you also setup: Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Prim and Sec DNS?

RE: T46S Static IP Issue - igendreau - 12-19-2019 01:13 AM

Yes. All of those are setup, and they match the same settings as every other T46S with a static IP address on our network (other than the IP address obviously). They just won't get service on static IP.

RE: T46S Static IP Issue - complex1 - 12-19-2019 10:52 AM

(12-19-2019 01:13 AM)igendreau Wrote:  Yes. All of those are setup, and they match the same settings as every other T46S with a static IP address on our network (other than the IP address obviously). They just won't get service on static IP.

Please reset the phone(s) to Factory default and try again?
Execute Factory default: long (>10sec) press OK button and follow message on screen.

Hope this will help.