Yealink Forums
Analysis for missing SIP video - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T5X Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Analysis for missing SIP video (/showthread.php?tid=43350)

Analysis for missing SIP video - DS25 - 10-31-2019 09:46 PM

Hello,
I have a door phone with camera which supports SIP video.
But my T58As (and some other video capable phones) don't show video - neither preview nor taken call. The camera is set to QVGA (320*240), but I also tried VGA (640*480).

How can I diagnose the connection, e.g. if the call really offers a SIP video stream or if there are problems? Is this to be seen in some trace files a could activate?

Thank you!

RE: Analysis for missing SIP video - jolouis - 11-01-2019 06:30 PM

Do a PCAP trace on the phone. Instructions are on the main sticky page of the forums under how to diagnose/report problems to Yealink.

Once you have a PCAP, you can use something like Wireshark to open up the file and observer the SIP packets being sent back and forth to see if the Invite includes video offerings.

Typically the two most common reasons for it not working are a) No PBX support (if you're using a PBX then usually it must be capable of passing/signalling to the two end points that they both support video and can talk to each other) or b) mismatched video codecs.

RE: Analysis for missing SIP video - DS25 - 11-01-2019 10:08 PM

Thank you, I will try.

My PBX supports SIP video, and video calls between other phones in my LAN are working. The door phone has H.264 as a codec.