Yealink Forums
BLF DSS Key on W41P - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W60B(Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: BLF DSS Key on W41P (/showthread.php?tid=43321)

BLF DSS Key on W41P - Ozy - 10-23-2019 07:12 AM

Are there any plans to have BLF option for DSS Keys on the T41S when operating in DD mode (i.e. connected to a W60B).
Being a 6 button phone only having the option to park or speeddial seems a very restricted.Huh

Any feedback is much appreciated.

RE: BLF DSS Key on W41P - jolouis - 10-24-2019 03:59 PM

This was brought up as a topic of discussion with Yealink a while ago back at the W41P launch and even in pre-launch beta testing. The conclusion from Yealink was "not technically feasable at this time". I'm not a DECT expert so I have no idea but between that and some of the other limitations we gave up on the DD10K and moved on to the T5XW series phones that have proper 802.11 Wifi built into them. Deploying on Wifi vs DECT takes a little more care/effort but benefits are well worth it IMHO.

RE: BLF DSS Key on W41P - Ozy - 11-03-2019 09:33 PM

(10-24-2019 03:59 PM)jolouis Wrote:  This was brought up as a topic of discussion with Yealink a while ago back at the W41P launch and even in pre-launch beta testing. The conclusion from Yealink was "not technically feasable at this time". I'm not a DECT expert so I have no idea but between that and some of the other limitations we gave up on the DD10K and moved on to the T5XW series phones that have proper 802.11 Wifi built into them. Deploying on Wifi vs DECT takes a little more care/effort but benefits are well worth it IMHO.

Thanks for the feedback.

Not a DECT expert either, but what I have read so far, there is no provisioning in the standard to send oob information, e.g. state changes from another extension.
Unfortunately restricts the use of the phone.

Will have a look into the T5XW as I am not a friend of Wifi phones unless I am in control of the network.