Yealink Forums
How can i reset my phone - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: How can i reset my phone (/showthread.php?tid=43315)

How can i reset my phone - andyjgarner - 10-21-2019 02:57 PM

Hello

I am a new user so may not use the correct terms in my post, so please forgive me.
I have purchased a second hand SIP-T23G
It has firmware version 44.80.179.2 and MAC 00:15:65:E7:23:B7
During startup the display includes a screen headed "Auto Provision"

I would like to reset the phone to factory defaults and then configure it for my own use.
I do not have the credentials to log in and reset the phone (it's not admin/admin).
I also considered using recovery mode but do not know if this would achieve my aim.
(Nor do I have the .bin or .rfs files needed).

Is there anything else I can try / do to gain control of my phone please?

Many thanks, Andy.

RE: How can i reset my phone - anonymous1711612242218 - 10-24-2019 11:56 AM

(10-21-2019 02:57 PM)andyjgarner Wrote:  Hello

I am a new user so may not use the correct terms in my post, so please forgive me.

I would like to reset the phone to factory defaults and then configure it for my own use.
I do not have the credentials to log in and reset the phone (it's not admin/admin).
I also considered using recovery mode but do not know if this would achieve my aim.

Many thanks, Andy.

Dear Customer,

Thanks for reaching out to Yealink technical support team. This is Garry at your service.

1. When you restart the T23G, the phone screen appears "Auto Provision". This is because the phone is tied to the RPS system..
2. You tried to use the phone's default password "admin", but failed to log in.Because the phone code has been changed.

The firmware version you are using is DT's special edition software. The admin password would be changed for security consideration when the phone was provisioned with the DT. You can contact DT and provide them with a purchase photo and a picture of the phone with the MAC address. DT will give you a solution.

Best Regards,
Garry

RE: How can i reset my phone - andyjgarner - 10-24-2019 01:03 PM

(10-24-2019 11:56 AM)Garry_Yealink Wrote:  

Many thanks, Andy.

Dear Customer,

Thanks for reaching out to Yealink technical support team. This is Garry at your service.

1. When you restart the T23G, the phone screen appears "Auto Provision". This is because the phone is tied to the RPS system..
2. You tried to use the phone's default password "admin", but failed to log in.Because the phone code has been changed.

The firmware version you are using is DT's special edition software. The admin password would be changed for security consideration when the phone was provisioned with the DT. You can contact DT and provide them with a purchase photo and a picture of the phone with the MAC address. DT will give you a solution.

Best Regards,
Garry

Thanks for the helpful reply but unfortunately i do not understand who (or what) DT is and so do not have their contact details. Are you able to let me know who DT is and how I could contact them please? Thanks, Andy.

RE: How can i reset my phone - anonymous1711612242218 - 10-24-2019 02:45 PM

(10-24-2019 01:03 PM)andyjgarner Wrote:  
(10-24-2019 11:56 AM)Garry_Yealink Wrote:  

Many thanks, Andy.

Dear Customer,

Best Regards,
Garry

Thanks for the helpful reply but unfortunately i do not understand who (or what) DT is and so do not have their contact details. Are you able to let me know who DT is and how I could contact them please? Thanks, Andy.

DT is deutsche telekom. The firmware version you are using is 44.80.179.2, which makes us provide it for them. So we assume that your used phone is provided by DT.
If you can't reach DT. You can contact the phone provider and ask them to delete the phone's MAC address from the RPS system and provide you with the phone's password.