Yealink Forums
Call Transfer - How Can I Disable Ring Sound for Caller? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Call Transfer - How Can I Disable Ring Sound for Caller? (/showthread.php?tid=4307)

Call Transfer - How Can I Disable Ring Sound for Caller? - tonycolorado - 08-21-2015 01:56 AM

I have a Yealink T-46G running the latest firmware (28.80.0.70)

When someone calls me and I transfer them using the Transfer Key (mapped to a blind transfer) the caller hears a ring tone until the call is picked up. How can I make it so the caller heard nothing (silence) during the transfer?

I feel like I'm missing a simple setting somewhere? Confused

RE: Call Transfer - How Can I Disable Ring Sound for Caller? - Yealink_Michael - 08-21-2015 05:00 AM

for blind transfer , when you hear the ringtone , that means the phone is transfered to the target number and the target number is ringing .

it is a notification so that the caller can know who is connecting now

It is made by design according to the SIP protocol

Yealink can't support silence transfer for the present

Michael

RE: Call Transfer - How Can I Disable Ring Sound for Caller? - tonycolorado - 08-22-2015 03:21 AM

Thanks for the response Michael! This is my use case, it might be different than what you were expecting:
I spend a lot of time (too much time!) on long conference calls through a company conference line. Occasionally I need to get up from my desk to go and do something. My current solution for this is to transfer the call from my Yealink T46G to a cordless SIP Handset.

The problem with this is that since the Yealink plays a ringing tone during the transfer, 20+ people all hear that noise while I transfer the call.

Is there another way for me to accomplish this transfer without making any noise?

RE: Call Transfer - How Can I Disable Ring Sound for Caller? - PaulC - 08-23-2015 05:39 AM

(08-22-2015 03:21 AM)tonycolorado Wrote:  The problem with this is that since the Yealink plays a ringing tone during the transfer, 20+ people all hear that noise while I transfer the call.

Is there another way for me to accomplish this transfer without making any noise?

Tony - the audio that other parties hear during call transfer (whether music on hold, or ringback tone) is usually controlled by whatever the IP phone is connected to (ie service provider, IP PBX, etc). As such, I don't think what you want to accomplish is possible, at least not in the way you describe it. Depending on your setup, you could potentially have a code to dial from the cordless SIP phone that would "take over" the call previously in progress on your desk phone (and vice versa). Only with this type of channel redirection would there be little to no audible impact on the conference call. It'd be doable with Asterisk, but I'm not sure what your Yealink phone is connected to. Happy to chat and explore options further if you're interested.

Cheers
Paul