Yealink Forums
T42S - After factory reset settings still there - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T42S - After factory reset settings still there (/showthread.php?tid=43028)

T42S - After factory reset settings still there - alexcoconut - 07-26-2019 04:32 PM

I have some T42S that i cant get to reset.

When i reset them by holding OK and then do a factory reset they always get the settings from somewhere and the extensions reappear. I cant login to the admin panel as the password even after the reset is not admin/admin.

Can anyone please help ?

They are on firmware 66.82.179.6

RE: T42S - After factory reset settings still there - complex1 - 07-26-2019 05:29 PM

(07-26-2019 04:32 PM)alexcoconut Wrote:  I have some T42S that i cant get to reset.

When i reset them by holding OK and then do a factory reset they always get the settings from somewhere and the extensions reappear. I cant login to the admin panel as the password even after the reset is not admin/admin.

Can anyone please help ?

They are on firmware 66.82.179.6

Hi,

This is because the phone is running on customized firmware (xx.xx.179.x)
Please contact the provider/distributor of this firmware and ask them if they are willing to help you out.

Update:
Sorry, wrong answer. Blush
The phone is probably locked with its MAC address to the RPS of your VoIP provider.
So if you reset the phone to factory default and the phone reboot, it will get all info again from the RPS server including passwords.
Please contact your provider and ask him to remove the MAC address from his RPS server.

Hope this will help.

RE: T42S - After factory reset settings still there - alexcoconut - 07-27-2019 05:05 PM

Hey,

Thanks for the advice the seller that i got these off is refusing to do anything.

Is there any route to getting these working myself ?

Cheers. Alex

RE: T42S - After factory reset settings still there - complex1 - 07-27-2019 05:45 PM

(07-27-2019 05:05 PM)alexcoconut Wrote:  Hey,

Thanks for the advice the seller that i got these off is refusing to do anything.

Cheers. Alex

No, not that I know.

RE: T42S - After factory reset settings still there - jolouis - 08-01-2019 05:30 PM

(07-27-2019 05:05 PM)alexcoconut Wrote:  Thanks for the advice the seller that i got these off is refusing to do anything.

Open a support ticket with Yealink. Provide them with a photo showing the back of your phone with the MAC address sticker visible, and ask to have that mac removed from the RPS.