Yealink Forums
Yealink WebUI not accepting copied passwords - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Yealink WebUI not accepting copied passwords (/showthread.php?tid=42954)

Yealink WebUI not accepting copied passwords - IT-Risch_Support - 07-12-2019 02:04 PM

Hello! We are having a problem accessing the web interface if we enter the username and paster the password. If i type the password there is no problem. Can you tell me if you have changed the way the phone handles the autorisatzion since Firmware V83 and V84? I have this problem on Yealink T48S / T46S running V84 and also on the T46G running 28.83.0.50. I cannot remeber this problem occuring on older firmware versions. We try to paste the password using internet explorer. Is there anyway to let the phone accept the password pasted from the clipboard? Maybe it is adjustable via provisioning?

RE: Yealink WebUI not accepting copied passwords - Brenda_Yealink - 07-17-2019 02:09 AM

(07-12-2019 02:04 PM)IT-Risch_Support Wrote:  Dear Customer,

This is Brenda from Yealink Technical Support team.

I have tested it locally with the same firmware version and IE (IE11) but haven’t meet your problem.

So could you double check if there is a space character or other characters inside when you paste the password?
You could paste it into a text to verify if it is correct.

Best Regards,
Brenda

RE: Yealink WebUI not accepting copied passwords - IT-Risch_Support - 07-17-2019 08:25 AM

Hello and thank you for your answer.Try this with Internex Explorer 11. Just checked the Firefox and it doesnt work either if you copy the password. It is not accepting the password if it is pasted. I am using Yealink T48S with 66.84.0.15 Firmware.
Can you tell me why it is not working? The background is that we use a CTI Client which connects to the phone using IE. It is PhoneSuite (https://www.phonesuite.de/de/) and it cannot connect to the phone frequently. It was working in older versions of yealink firmware. Can you tell me why is this happening? It is also on T46S Phone and T46G phone too.
The developer said that he was trying to implement login using SSH but failed due to complicated way of authication on the phone. At this point, accepting copied passwords would solve our problem with the phone auth in this software.

RE: Yealink WebUI not accepting copied passwords - Babylonia - 07-20-2019 11:49 AM

Hello. I met comparable problems, as well for T41S phone, as W60P DECT base station.
See last written section at my message within another subject written < HERE >

Starting as from:
"“Web browser based” user GUI:"

RE: Yealink WebUI not accepting copied passwords - ama - 07-21-2019 09:49 PM

I had a similar issue. What I found work is that if you are using Google Chrome right-click and select paste as "plain text". Also, click into another field after pasting the password.

If using Firefox try using Ctrl + Shift + V to paste as plain text.

RE: Yealink WebUI not accepting copied passwords - tomashastings - 07-22-2019 12:19 PM

I had a similar issue and it was driving me nuts as it appeared to be completely random if a pasted password would be accepted or not.

A workaround is to type and delete an extra character in the password form, that way it always seems to accept pasted passwords.

This bug is caused by the javascript DoLogin function, it uses the following code:

Code:
a = $value("idPassword");

which returns "" at the time of the call and that result seems to be 'stuck' until you add and delete a charater, or tab between the fields.

RE: Yealink WebUI not accepting copied passwords - IT-Risch_Support - 07-22-2019 12:23 PM

(07-22-2019 12:19 PM)tomashastings Wrote:  I had a similar issue and it was driving me nuts as it appeared to be completely random if a pasted password would be accepted or not.

A workaround is to type and delete an extra character in the password form, that way it always seems to accept pasted passwords.

This bug is caused by the javascript DoLogin function, it uses the following code:

Code:
a = $value("idPassword");

which returns "" at the time of the call and that result seems to be 'stuck' until you add and delete a charater, or tab between the fields.
A big thanks for the answers! Then it seems to be a bug in the yealink firmware.. I hope that the represetatives of yealink will pay attention to this problem.

RE: Yealink WebUI not accepting copied passwords - Who - 10-26-2019 07:52 AM

Usage of "copied" username/password works for me again since update firmware to 28.83.0.120 on T46G.
Saved username/password used by Firefox now allows to login to the phones webinterface without "some changing" of the password first.

RE: Yealink WebUI not accepting copied passwords - IT-Risch_Support - 10-30-2019 03:09 PM

(10-26-2019 07:52 AM)Who Wrote:  Usage of "copied" username/password works for me again since update firmware to 28.83.0.120 on T46G.
Saved username/password used by Firefox now allows to login to the phones webinterface without "some changing" of the password first.

Great news! I already updated all my phones and will test it..