Yealink Forums
Name that Appears on my Network... - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FAQs etc (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: FAQs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Name that Appears on my Network... (/showthread.php?tid=42928)

Name that Appears on my Network... - InterLynx - 07-02-2019 04:19 PM

Is it possible to set the name that appears on my network for my Yealink devices? For example, when I have multiple T29 phones registered to my one network, they all show up as T29 as the device name on my connected device list on my router. It would be convenient if I had the ability to change this on the phone somewhere so that it showed up with a unique name.

If someone knows how to do this, please let me know. I've searched the threads here and haven't been able to find information anywhere as of yet.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Phil

RE: Name that Appears on my Network... - complex1 - 07-02-2019 05:12 PM

(07-02-2019 04:19 PM)InterLynx Wrote:  Is it possible to set the name that appears on my network for my Yealink devices? For example, when I have multiple T29 phones registered to my one network, they all show up as T29 as the device name on my connected device list on my router. It would be convenient if I had the ability to change this on the phone somewhere so that it showed up with a unique name.

If someone knows how to do this, please let me know. I've searched the threads here and haven't been able to find information anywhere as of yet.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Phil

Hi,

You can specify a hostname for the phone when using DHCP.
(It is intended to use the DHCP option 12 to send a predefined hostname to the DHCP registration server.)

Please use the WebUI: "Features>General Information>DHCP Hostname" (Default: SIP-T29G)
or use autop "static.network.dhcp_host_name = " to make the changes.

If you change this parameter, the IP phone must reboot to make the change take effect.

Hope this will help.