Yealink Forums
T58V Using SIP Account and Teams - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T5X Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: T58V Using SIP Account and Teams (/showthread.php?tid=42916)

T58V Using SIP Account and Teams - lonny_blan@remotecncservices.com - 06-29-2019 09:30 PM

I am testing a new T58V for my company. We use Vonage Business for our SIP provider and I have provisioned the phone and it is working great.

I want to install teams app so I can video conference with team members.

I tried applying the teams edition firmware, but that converted me totally to teams we do not have a calling account on team. So I converted back to SIP firmware. And again the phone works great for SIP calls

To clarify, I want to continue using my SIP account, but also have teams app available on the phone for team activities, meetings, video calls, video conferences, etc.

Thanks in advance.

RE: T58V Using SIP Account and Teams - Nico_Yealink_del - 07-15-2019 07:59 AM

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to Yealink.

Glad T58 is working well on Vonage service. As for Teams app installed in the SIP version T58, this app can be installed normally on the phone for sure, but for functionalities and using experience that cannot be guaranteed. Microsoft has been working with Yealink closely on Microsoft Teams version firmware. Bugs and user experience can be optimized timely.

However, Teams app is released to all Android equipments publicly by Microsoft, this app has not been tested and certified by Yealink officially. If you want to use video call or other functions on SIP version T58, it's recommended to use Skype instead, as it's more mature app to use.

Best Regards,

Nico