Yealink Forums
T40G - Echo problem - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T40G - Echo problem (/showthread.php?tid=42890)

T40G - Echo problem - matts_luminet - 06-21-2019 10:28 AM

Hello,

We are having an issue with some T40Gs where people calling the phone in question will hear echo of their own voice. It is not happening with every T40 that we installed in this particular place, only with a select few.

The phone is running on firmware 76.84.0.35 on 3CX v16.

The only solution I found is to turn down the handset receive volume on the phone in question so that callers can not hear their own voice when speaking. This is happening with both internal and external calls.

Please find an export of it's config.bin and .cfg attached.

RE: T40G - Echo problem - complex1 - 06-21-2019 09:10 PM

(06-21-2019 10:28 AM)matts_luminet Wrote:  Hello,

We are having an issue with some T40Gs where people calling the phone in question will hear echo of their own voice. It is not happening with every T40 that we installed in this particular place, only with a select few.

The only solution I found is to turn down the handset receive volume on the phone in question so that callers can not hear their own voice when speaking. This is happening with both internal and external calls.

Hi,

Please make sure the PBX, phone and provider are using the same codec, preferable the G711 codec.
If this does not help than reset the phone to factory default, re-provisioning and try again.

Hope this will help.

RE: T40G - Echo problem - matts_luminet - 06-21-2019 10:20 PM

(06-21-2019 09:10 PM)complex1 Wrote:  

Hi,

Please make sure the PBX, phone and provider are using the same codec, preferable the G711 codec.
If this does not help than reset the phone to factory default, re-provisioning and try again.

Hope this will help.

Hello,

All is running on g711u. Already tried factory defaulting and re-provisioning. Even tried to downgrade firmware but was unable to. Phone would fail to downgrade.

Again this issue has only been seen on T40s on the release firmware for 3CX v16. I realize that G722 is top codec in the config, but this just happens that I was testing to see if a codec change would make a difference when I downloaded the config file.

P.S. I'm also a 3CX advanced certified engineer Smile

RE: T40G - Echo problem - complex1 - 06-22-2019 07:25 AM

(06-21-2019 10:20 PM)matts_luminet Wrote:  
(06-21-2019 09:10 PM)complex1 Wrote:  

Hi,

Hope this will help.

Hello,

All is running on g711u. Already tried factory defaulting and re-provisioning. Even tried to downgrade firmware but was unable to. Phone would fail to downgrade.

Again this issue has only been seen on T40s on the release firmware for 3CX v16. I realize that G722 is top codec in the config, but this just happens that I was testing to see if a codec change would make a difference when I downloaded the config file.

P.S. I'm also a 3CX advanced certified engineer Smile

So it's probably a hardware problem.
If you change the handset with another equivalent device, do you still have the problem?