Yealink Forums
CP960 Third Party Apps - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: CP960 Third Party Apps (/showthread.php?tid=42881)

CP960 Third Party Apps - bhayden - 06-19-2019 01:27 PM

Hello,

We have recently purchased a CP960 to use for conference calls with the intent of using a specific Android app. The Android app in question attempts to open but then closes after about 2 seconds. We are trying to use UberConference.

Is there something that needs to be configured to use third-party apps, or is it just certain ones do not work with this phone?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,

RE: CP960 Third Party Apps - jolouis - 06-19-2019 02:00 PM

Check the system log on the phone. One of the things I've seen already is that for some reason the latest firmware seems to be missing the ability to serve app permission requests. That basically breaks the ability to install any third party app.

Check your log file and open a ticket with yealink support to see what they say. Typically although the phone is based on Android they have not been overly enthusiastic about helping open it up to other apps as it causes support headaches for them.

RE: CP960 Third Party Apps - bhayden - 06-20-2019 01:37 PM

Thank you for the reply jolouis.
I will see about checking the phone logs.
Would these be available on the phone itself, the web portal, both?
Thanks again,

RE: CP960 Third Party Apps - jolouis - 06-26-2019 10:01 PM

You have to log in to the phone's web interface, then go look under Settings -> Configuration -> Local System Log -> Export

RE: CP960 Third Party Apps - S1Steven - 08-19-2019 04:43 AM

(06-19-2019 02:00 PM)jolouis Wrote:  Check the system log on the phone. One of the things I've seen already is that for some reason the latest firmware seems to be missing the ability to serve app permission requests. That basically breaks the ability to install any third party app.

Check your log file and open a ticket with yealink support to see what they say. Typically although the phone is based on Android they have not been overly enthusiastic about helping open it up to other apps as it causes support headaches for them. mycfavisit

Just what I needed, worked a treat, thank you!