Yealink Forums
Two account on Yealink T46S - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Two account on Yealink T46S (/showthread.php?tid=42855)

Two account on Yealink T46S - f.barbier - 06-07-2019 05:15 PM

Hi, I found a way to provision two account in the yealink template... See Below,

##Account2 Basic Settings
## X ranges from 1 to 6;
##account.X.enable =

account.2.enable = 1
account.2.label = %%extension_first_name%% %%extension_last_name%%
account.2.alert_info_url_enable = 0
account.2.display_name = %%extension_first_name%% %%extension_last_name%%
account.2.auth_name = abc123dE45
account.2.password = ABC123De45
account.2.user_name = 0001
account.2.sip_server_host = %%param::pbxpublicip%%
account.2.sip_server_port = %%param::sipport%%
account.2.outbound_proxy_enable =
account.2.outbound_host =
account.2.outbound_port =
account.2.sip_listen_port =

#Configure the transport type; 0-UDP (default), 1-TCP, 2-TLS, 3-DNS SRV;
account.2.transport = 0

The three phone are configured in a 3CX phone system, manually (with the WebGUI) cause the codes above don't seems to work for the moment.

It is realy important!! it's a request from one of my client.

It is possible to make the phone ring when the second account receive a call over the first, even if there is a call in or if there are calls in the queue?
(not just ringing in the ears but really the device ... In other words, at the old-fashionned way. My client had a Toshiba phone sys before and it was doing it.)

My client is a medical clinic. And there is an emergency line that local hospital call if they want to talk to a doctor in this clinic AND its an emmergency line.

I have programmed an inbound rule that sends it directly to the extension 111 when you dial the emergency phone number.

To be sure to get the attention of receptionists, my client asks me to program the device to ring if the emergency line receive a call even if the receptionist is online.

For example, I programmed two extensions (284 and 111) on the same device.

284 is an agent extension.

111 is a redirection extension.

(on the phone dsskey)

linekey1 = 284

linekey2= 284

linekey3= 111

So, if I am on a call on the extension 284 and I receive a call on the second line (so on ext 111) I would like the device to ring over the call.

For now we only hear a small beep and the '' linekey3 '' button is blinking saying there is a call on the second line (on the ext. 111) but my client wants it to ring, with another ringtone (ex. ring4.wav) over the current call.

I tried to do a "RG" but since the receptionists all have a queue, the "RG" do not even happen it falls directly into the "destination if no answer"

(sorry for the bad english and expressions, I'm from Quebec and french lol)

RE: Two account on Yealink T46S - jolouis - 06-10-2019 02:07 PM

(06-07-2019 05:15 PM)f.barbier Wrote:  To be sure to get the attention of receptionists, my client asks me to program the device to ring if the emergency line receive a call even if the receptionist is online.

Short answer is no, you cannot make the phone audibly ring while user is talking on another call. It has been discussed many times in the past the the conclusion was the hardware was never designed to accommodate that so there is no change Yealink can make in firmware to do it.

Yes, old key systems could do that, but those were the days when the ring was a dedicated ringer circuit and on Yealinks the audio for ringing is just a sound file that gets played back over speak phone. Same audio output handles speakerphone and handset, it is just routed different. So you cannot be speaking on the phone, and have something different playing on the speakerphone (i.e. a ringing tone). Seems like a silly limitation but it is what it is.

Best option would be to add a second "emergency phone" beside the main reception one. The basic sets are reasonably priced and solve the problem with minimal effort. Not ideal of course but it's that or add an external ringer device (like an Algo).