Yealink Forums
Account Changes/Enable Delay - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Account Changes/Enable Delay (/showthread.php?tid=42665)

Account Changes/Enable Delay - Chris708 - 04-16-2019 03:37 PM

I am using a Yealink T46S phone for testing and the phone is on firmware: 66.83.0.50. The configurations are coming from a cloud based Asterisk server.

I am programming a second account via config file using Auto Provisioning and noticed odd behavior when the phone changes from Account 1 enabled to also having Account 2 enabled.
I am testing the settings by rebooting the phone to have it pull new configurations via Auto Provisioning.

Account 1 is extension 5000. The configuration file adds settings for Account.2 with extension 5200 and enables Account 2. However, there are a few items that I find odd.
1. No light flashes when the phone is in the process of updating with the Account.2 information and the change takes about a minute.
2. During the Account.2 update, all the DSS keys (on multiple pages) show extension 5000 for about a minute before the phone finally shows the single Account.2/line for Ext 5200.

Here are the settings I have in the config file for the second account. I have replaced specific information with generic/fake information for security.

Quote:account.2.enable = 1
account.2.label = 5200
account.2.display_name = 5200
account.2.user_name = sip5200_test
account.2.auth_name = sip5200_test
account.2.password = 0244889336533
### account.2.outbound_proxy_enable = 0
### account.2.outbound_host =
account.2.sip_server.1.address = my.voipregistration.com
account.2.sip_server.1.retry_counts = 5
account.2.sip_server.1.expires = 300
account.2.blf.subscribe_period = 3600
account.2.outbound_port = 0
account.2.sip_server.1.port = 5060
account.2.number_of_linekey = 1
account.2.sip_server.1.port = 0
account.2.outbound_proxy_enable = 0
account.2.codec.pcmu.priority = 1
account.2.codec.pcma.enable = 0
account.2.codec.g729.priority = 3
account.2.codec.g722.priority = 2

The second account does eventually get enabled/created, it is just the behavior I mentioned in 1 and 2 seems out of the ordinary.

Is there something I may be doing wrong here or is this just how Auto Provisioning works when adding an account via config file.

If I log in to the phone and Enable an account, it doesn't exhibit this behavior in items 1 and 2 above. Instead, the account registers immediately and another line button quickly appears after the last button.

RE: Account Changes/Enable Delay - jolouis - 04-18-2019 06:22 PM

Not sure about your point #2 with the DSS keys but generally Yealink tries to do provisioning "in the background". So normally the phone will boot, show the already configured setup on the display, and then a few seconds later after it has sent out provisioning requests and received updated config, it will do the merge and apply the updated settings.

Typically from time of the display showing the "normal idle" state to the updated one I expect it to be around 10-20 seconds, but that's using an unencrypted provisioning file being served by a local device rather than something "out in the cloud". You might be encountering additional delays due to provisioning file generation, network latency, etc.

Easiest way to tell for sure is to turn the syslog up to level 6, then reboot and let the phone do it's provisioning/updates. When you look at the syslog entries, you'll see lines for either ATP or AUTOP (depending on what Firmware version you're running). They are all timestamped, so you should be able to follow through the process and see if there are any excessive delays anywhere.

For reference, if your goal is simply to enable/disable Account 2 it may be faster to provision all of the account details at the same time your provision account 1, but just leave it disabled. Then, when you want to actually activate it, provision just the "account.2.enabled" as the only difference. I have not dealt with this in a while, but a few versions back that used to be the more efficient way of doing it.

RE: Account Changes/Enable Delay - Chris708 - 04-25-2019 02:38 PM

(04-18-2019 06:22 PM)jolouis Wrote:  Not sure about your point #2 with the DSS keys but generally Yealink tries to do provisioning "in the background". So normally the phone will boot, show the already configured setup on the display, and then a few seconds later after it has sent out provisioning requests and received updated config, it will do the merge and apply the updated settings.

Typically from time of the display showing the "normal idle" state to the updated one I expect it to be around 10-20 seconds, but that's using an unencrypted provisioning file being served by a local device rather than something "out in the cloud". You might be encountering additional delays due to provisioning file generation, network latency, etc.

Easiest way to tell for sure is to turn the syslog up to level 6, then reboot and let the phone do it's provisioning/updates. When you look at the syslog entries, you'll see lines for either ATP or AUTOP (depending on what Firmware version you're running). They are all timestamped, so you should be able to follow through the process and see if there are any excessive delays anywhere.

For reference, if your goal is simply to enable/disable Account 2 it may be faster to provision all of the account details at the same time your provision account 1, but just leave it disabled. Then, when you want to actually activate it, provision just the "account.2.enabled" as the only difference. I have not dealt with this in a while, but a few versions back that used to be the more efficient way of doing it.

In the past, I haven't seen much of a delay at all from cloud provisioning. However, you may have a point. There could be changes with our Cloud PBX provider causing slowness with authentication and configuration download. I could try later times for this and compare with busier times during the day.

Regarding #2---without programming any other DSS keys except the first 3 account 1 line keys. I move on to doing a provision that adds the second account from a config file.
Normally, the Yealink phone would then add the account 2 line key after the 3 account 1 line keys and it happens rather quickly. However, recently during the configuration/provisioning for account 2, all the unprogrammed DSS keys display as a I mentioned in my original post. I will call them ghost DSS keys. Once the configuration/provisioning finishes, then the single account 2 line key displays in one location and all the ghost DSS keys go back to their default setting.