Yealink Forums
T42S phone not allowing to change default admin password? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: T42S phone not allowing to change default admin password? (/showthread.php?tid=42556)

T42S phone not allowing to change default admin password? - SysAdmin-Edgar - 03-14-2019 08:23 PM

I have yealink phone T42S with firmware version 66.9.0.45 and I’m trying to change default password of admin to my own password.
When I log into phone using web browser I go to Security tab and for User type I select admin and for old password I enter admin.
For new password I enter a new password and for confirm password I re-enter my new password. Then phone automatically boots.
I wait a few minutes and when I try to login it does not accept my new password and I can’t log in. I have to hold ok button to reset
phone to factory settings.

How do you change default password admin to our own password?

RE: T42S phone not allowing to change default admin password? - complex1 - 03-15-2019 01:46 PM

(03-14-2019 08:23 PM)SysAdmin-Edgar Wrote:  I have yealink phone T42S with firmware version 66.9.0.45 and I’m trying to change default password of admin to my own password.
When I log into phone using web browser I go to Security tab and for User type I select admin and for old password I enter admin.
For new password I enter a new password and for confirm password I re-enter my new password. Then phone automatically boots.
I wait a few minutes and when I try to login it does not accept my new password and I can’t log in. I have to hold ok button to reset
phone to factory settings.

How do you change default password admin to our own password?

Hi,

Please do not use a password with special characters and try again or ask the supplier of the firmware for help.
Looks like the firmware is customized.

Hope this will help.